First Dream

●●●

" Goodbye, Russell. "

The female bid me goodbye,
And then ran out of the burning church that she hated to remember about before.
The flames are now wrapping around my body, I quietly let myself  burn in the sea of flames.
Ah, I can already feel her pain.
..finally...
...
I finally reached the end of my
Pleasant dream

--- bzzt! ---

« Goodmorning, deranged maniac! »

I opened my eyes and sat up, " Russell! " when I looked at the door, I saw him, it was Chris who has a big smile on his face. " Goodmorning! You should go to work now, since you have a report to make. And don't worry about breakfast! I already made them so you'll have less work! " " Ah, thank you Chris. " I smiled and so he did before closing the door. It's been a week since Chris came over here, I'm really glad to have company. I stood up and did my normal routine; Taking a bath, changing and checking out my documents. But since Chris made breakfast, I guess I don't have a problem with it. I grabbed my brief case and went out to my room then to the kitchen, where I saw the brown haired boy sitting down and eating his food. I sat down also, clapped my hands " thank you for the food. " then ate. Surprisingly, it tastes good. " This tastes good Chris, I didn't know you can cook very well. " " Heh.. It really takes time. " suddenly my vision blurred a bit and then shows me a scene of a girl cooking and... seems to be welcoming me. I shook my head as that scene disappeared. " You've been spacing out lately, have you noticed that Russell? " " Oh.. um... it's nothing. Don't worry. " he ruffled my hair and continued to finish his food as I did the same.
Once breakfast is over, I wore my shoes and opened the door; " I'll be out now. " " Take care, Russell! " I bid him goodbye and then went out.
So I'm now on the way to the HD co. Building

I opened the door and went in the building, but the building seems quiet. Probably I'm here first..? I went to my room and then fixed my things.
Knock, knock. " come in " I said as the door opened to see it's Walter. " you're early today, I'm surprised. " " Chris woke me up, so.. " he nodded at my reply and looked at my desk to see piles of papers, which is my research. " You're really serious about this job, Russell. " I blinked and scratched my head, " ..Oh... I just found it intesresting, somehow... " " I see. " I almost forgot, the way he acted that time... " Walter. " he looked at me, waiting for me to talk; " You seem too nice in that message you sent me the time I get a day off. " " What about it? " I sighed, " you were acting kind because of that right? By meaning about Chris and... that he gets to make me remember some things. " he patted my shoulder, I knew it.

" Yeah, it's surprising to see you noticed it. "
" I've been bothered with it for days so.. "
" it's for you to remember after all, Russell. To remember why you woke up here in this place. "
" ...I still don't believe about that experiment though. " he chuckled and waved his hand " have your way then. " then went out to his room, leaving me staring at the door quietly.

Why do you want to work here?

...I honestly don't know, but then, somehow it made me want to join in this cooperation. It feels like I've been pulled in, with interest ofcourse. I closed my eyes and sighed. I shook it off and went to my table to work.
I'll be waiting for you.
I opened my eyes and looked around after hearing that faint familiar voice, what was that?
Probably my imagination.
10 pm, after work, I decided to buy something for Chris, to thank him for being kind and caring ofcourse.
...cake would be great right? My head ached at the thought of a certain cake in my imagination. Why am I being like this? I didn't mind about it and went to buy cake near the apartment then go back. Once I opened the door, I found Chris asleep on the couch. He seems tired today, I guess.

I walked to him and shook him softly to wake him up. " ...Chris.. " " Nn.. Oh? Russell welcome back.. dinner is already in the table, since I already finished eating two hours ago... " he sat up and smiled sleepily, I smiled back " I see, thank you Chris. Ah also, I brought cake for us to eat. " I said while raising my hand to let him see I was holding a box containing the sweet inside. His eyes sparkled and he seemed to be... drooling. I can't help but chuckle at his reaction. " Let's go eat now. " " You're the best, Russ! "
While were eating, the two of us talked and then Chris told me about the past also, for me to remember. It was really fun to be with him in times like this, to have a friend to talk to...
" Oh right, I heard that there's a zoo here. Wanna try visiting sometime? " I closed my eyes and thought of a free time to hang out from my schedules. " Well I'm free this Sunday since I'll be finishing my research this Saturday. " he grinned, " It's a plan then! " I nod and continued to eat.

Once were done, we did our things before going to bed. I'm still up from typing out a document, once it was finished I decided to check on Chris; I peeked on his door to see him asleep on his bed, sighing in relief I closed the door quietly. I guess it's time for me to hit the hay as well. I went back to my room and lay down in my comfy bed. I closed my eyes as I wait for the next day, but... instead of what I expected, I woke up in a blank white world. Looking around to see nobody at all. What is this..? I'm more shocked to see that I'm back to my younger self. A fourteen year old deranged maniac. ...I don't understand.

I called out, " ..Hello? Anyone... here? " even though I know no one or nothing will reply but I hope for someone to answer. Sadly, all I ever hear is my voice echoing " Ah! I'm right here! " a familiar voice echoed back, somewhere.. around the blank place? Who could that be? I ran, and ran, trying to find where that voice came from. " Russell! " I stopped running as I saw a girl who looked like the same age as me standing with a pink balloon on her hand. How does she know my name? " w.. Welcome back, Russell! " she cheered and hugged me, confused I only stood still without saying a word. " Huh? Huuuh? What's the matter? " she looked at me in concern, " ....Who are you? " I asked softly. Her eyes widen a bit and then looked down. " Ah, uhm.. " she looked back at me " I'm Gardenia Reitman! "

I repeated, " Gardenia... " my head ached a bit as I wince in pain, the female got worried and held on my shoulders. " R-Russell are you okay? " " How... how do you know my name? " she scratched her cheek, she seems to have a hard time to answer my question but then smiled; " It's a secret! Hee hee~ "
I sighed, giving up on the name knowing thing or whatsoever. " ...Ah. Oh right, do you know where this is though? "
" Your dream world, silly! "
Dream world? But then... everything is blank. Ah, I remember that I don't even dream anymore. I guess I should believe her..? I glanced at Gardenia, she was playing with her balloon, she seems to be unusre on what to talk about. " ...That.. pink balloon. What's with it? " " A-ah, um! Well.. I just like it, the color is very soothing and also it's been with me for years while I'm waiting for you. " waiting for me? So she was here, all alone waiting for me... to dream?
" Hey... how many years have you waited for me to return? "
" Hmm~ 8 years! You are now 22 right? "
8 years. She waited for my return, all alone... for 8 years.
" ...I'm.. sorry for making you wait so long. " I apologised, I wonder why I felt sad about this? Gardenia smiled, " Hey! Don't worry. I'm not alone while I was waiting. "
" Huh—? "
" Hey, Informant! Come here! "
A figure out of nowhere appeared in the distance, walking to us ofcourse. As I got to see his look... it was the same as me.
He gave me his... usual smile and then everything went black in my view.

I opened my eyes and sat up, I looked around to see I'm finally back in my room. And that I'm no longer in that dream world. " ...How weird. That guy.. and Gardenia... " I shook my head and looked at the clock. I guess I have to prepare for work. No need to over think about this for now...
I got up and went out of my room.

Random Extra :

Gardenia blinked, noticing that Russell disappeared. I guess he woke up from shock?
She sweatdropped and looked at the informant.
" ehe.. I think you scared him. "
" ...I'm not like one of his nightmares before! "
" No offense, your smile probably frraked him out and ofcourse you have the same look as him! "
" ... "
He whined as Gardenia rubbed his back to comfort him.