Video Games [Simon/Alec] ⭐️⭐️

Since Simon couldn't exactly go out during the day due to exploding and dying if he ever stepped foot into the sunlight, instead he would play video games and watch tv shows (when Raphael wasn't nagging at him to practice his powers). Clary managed to sneak in to the Hôtel DuMort just to check up on him. He wouldn't really talk much, as much as he liked to think that he had gotten over the whole "Clary made me like this" thing, he really hadn't. Clary came over enough that the other vampires didn't really care anymore, but they still kept an eye on her, especially when she started bringing friends along with her. Jace was the first person she dragged along with her, but Jace didn't care about Simon, nor Simon him. Izzy seemed eager to see him, and he thought it was actually nice to see her. Clary came over every day for the past two weeks and brought either Izzy or Jace each day, but she never brought Alec, which was understandable because they never really talked to each other much but Simon had to admit that Alec was pretty hot and he wouldn't mind seeing him again. Just as he was thinking about how he wouldn't mind seeing Alec again, Clary walked into the dark room. Simon looked up from his bright computer, trying to move his head from under the pile of blankets. Simon gave her a questioning look "Did you get the game I asked you to bring?"

"No but I brought a friend." Clary smiled and grabbed someone's arms, dragging him into the room. Simon could clearly see that it was Alec. Simon smiled awkwardly and waved at Alec, who just rolled his eyes and shrugged off Clary's hand. Simon motioned for Clary and Alec to come over to him and they walked over with slight hesitation from Alec. Simon quickly finished his game and turned away from the computer, looking up at them, trying his best to roll his chair away from the desk with a blanket caught under one of the chair wheels. Alec looked at the screen confused but also intrigued. Simon noticed and laughed to himself a bit as Alec looked at the colourful graphics of the game. "You never seen a computer before?"

"No, I have. I just don't know what's on your computer." Alec said as he got close to the computer (and Simon). Simon tried to back up a bit but the blanket was still stuck in the wheel of the chair and he couldn't move away, so now Alec was very close to him and he had no where to go. Simon cleared his throat as Alec leaned over right next to him to look at the computer. Alec didn't move from his position but just turned his head over to Simon. Simon looked around to try to find Clary but she was no where to be seen and he couldn't hear her heartbeat. Simon looked back over at Alec who was looking over the keyboard, trying to figure out how to use it. Simon was enjoying watching him struggle but also didn't want him to mess anything up so Simon gently pushed Alec's arms away. Simon laughed nervously as Alec gave him a confused glance "It's a first person shooter."

After having to explain what a first person shooter was, and having to tell Alec every detail about the game, Alec asked if he could try playing so Simon set him up to play the tutorial. Alec listened attentively to instructions and did exactly what the game told him to. He wasn't actually that bad for someone who's never played the game, let alone any game before. But Alec got really confused by one of the instructions and just stood there, leaned over looking at the computer and staring at it without moving. "Here, let me." Simon said as he reached over to the keyboard, his hand touching Alec's for a mere second before Alec flinched but didn't get up and looked over at Simon who just smiled at him, trying not to make things more awkward than they already were.

"I, uh, I should get going." Alec said then cleared his throat, getting up and taking a step back, looking around for Clary. When he couldn't find Clary and realized she was gone, he sighed, knowing that going with Clary was the only way to get out without being questioned. Alec looked back over at Simon, who was emerging from the mountain of blankets he had on his back. Alec sighed and looked around the room awkwardly. "Isn't it kind of weird that you still have blankets even though you're dead and don't get cold?" Alec didn't know what to say and ended up sounding like he was judging Simon, which he kind of was.

"I think it's kind of weird that you haven't told me how inferior I am yet so I mean..." Simon was really good at being salty and letting people know in a very passive aggressive way. Alec shrugged in defeat. Simon cleared his throat then looked back at the computer, getting up from the chair. "Do you want to try again?" Simon gestured at the computer. Alec reluctantly walked over and sat down in the chair, staring at the screen oddly. Simon watched carefully as Alec tried to get used to the controls. Simon grabbed Alec's hand and pulled it away from the mouse when he started to drag the mouse over to "Multiplayer".

"I think single player would be better for now." Simon laughed nervously and "forgot" to let go of Alec's hand. Alec just nodded and looked back over to the screen, not really being bothered by Simon's hand on his. Simon kept hold on Alec's hand and put his other hand of Alec's other, moving his hands and controlling it for him. To be able to reach, Simon had to stand directly behind the chair and lean over a bit, causing him and Alec to be a lot closer than he thought the two of them would ever be. When Simon thought Alec was ready to play on his own, he slowly backed off. But before he could actually move that far away, he felt himself being pulled back again, but it wasn't his conscious pulling him back, it was Alec, who was now facing him and had a rather hard grip on his hands. Simon looked at him confused but definitely not complaining. Alec had definitely moved closer and Simon flinched on instinct. Alec noticed and quickly turned back around, putting his attention back on the video game. Simon was even more confused that before but let it go and pulled up a second chair to watch Alec play. Every now and then Alec would do something not completely terrible and Simon would punch him in the shoulder and mumble "nice" or something along the lines of that. Before either of them realized it, it was seven in the morning. Simon had already been up for two days and Alec normally couldn't even stay up until three in the morning. Simon didn't really want to rude but he was honestly too tired to care and just walked to the middle of the room and lied down.

"you've got all the blankets... You don't even need blankets." Alec complained. Simon mumbled an inaudible reply and stayed on the ground. Alec walked over to Simon to try to steal at least one of his blankets but as soon as he leaned down, two arms grabbed him and pulled him down into the pile of blankets. Alec cringed at the cold hands on his arms. Simon mumbled an apology before slowly taking his hands away. Alec sighed and grabbed one of Simon's hands and one of the blankets, pulling Simon closer and wrapping the blankets around them. Simon had never been this close to a guy before, he had only started questioning his sexuality a month ago and hasn't actually done anything, let alone go on any dates with guys. He knew that this probably wasn't supposed to be some sort of oddly confrontational flirting. Well at least he thought that nothing was happening until he felt a strong arm wrap around him, pulling him even closer than he already was. When Simon actually realized what was happening, he fumbled awkwardly as to where to put his arms. Simon heard Alec's sleepy and muffled voice, "Simon..."

"Uhh, yea?" Simon asked nervously, expecting him to ask him what he was doing. Tell him to get away. Reject him. Like everyone always did. Simon calmed down a bit when Alec didn't move away, but instead Alec sighed tiredly and said "Your feet are really cold, too."