Chapter 19 - "I want her back."

Start from the beginning

"But he's still working there."

"Only because he has to pay rent." He leaned closer. "And I'm actually thinking of moving in with him, just so he can leave that place."

Since when did Jake become such a sweetheart?

"And how exactly would that help? I mean you don't have a job, so you can really help him with either his bills or his rent."

"If he quits his job at the pub, someone has to fill in for him." Jake shrugged. "I'll figure something out."

"So you're actually willing to leave your life in Sheffield and move down to London?"

"Yeah, because coaching football for kids is really something I wanna do for the rest of my life." He sarcastically said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Besides, that's what you, Zara and Niall did, so why can't I do the same thing?"

"To be fair, Niall actually moved to Ireland first. Then he just happened to move to London."

"Born and raised in Ireland, moved to the UK when I was eight. Lived there for almost ten years before I flew back to Ireland, just to come back to the UK a few months later." Niall said as he sat down next to me.

"Excuse me, but we were having a private conversation here." Jake said.

"A private conversation that included my name. You two were basically inviting me to join in."

"Just talking about our hometown." I said.

Niall snorted a little.

"Or maybe you don't call Sheffield your hometown?" I asked.

"I don't have a hometown."

"Not even London?"

"Neither Mullingar, Sheffield or London is a place I'd call home. I don't like putting myself in a situation where I belong to something."

I frowned, and he sighed.

"If I called Mullingar my hometown, people would say I belonged in Ireland. But I don't belong there. And I wanted to leave Sheffield as badly as you after high school, so that's not where I belong either. London was my only option left when dad kicked me out."

By now Jake had left and was now talking to Casper and Maddie.

"But Sheffield is the town you've lived the longest, right?"

"It is, but it still doesn't feel like home to me."

"Then where is your home?"

He looked at me for a few seconds, but then looked away without answering.

Minutes later Marcus and Alex came back. Marcus took the seat next to me where Jake sat earlier, and Niall got up and walked back to Chloe.

"I couldn't find any ice cream, but I bought you a vanilla milkshake instead. I hope it's enough." Marcus told me with a smile.

I returned his smile.

"It is. Thank you."

I was sitting closest to the aisle in the airplane, and Casper was sitting across from me. I had Alex in between Marcus and me, and just like when we flew down to Paris; I had Niall, Jake and Katelyn sitting behind me.

Casper was showing me photos on his phone that he had been taking during these past few days. We had some cute selfies by the Eiffel Tower and I asked him to send them to me when we had landed.