THREE

THE ONE WITH THE SLEEPOVER

"How does she do that?" Monica asks, pointing to the sleeping Phoebe. Phoebe had fallen asleep on the couch ten minutes ago, leaning her head on Heather's shoulder.

"I cannot sleep in a public place." Ross says.

"Would you look at her, she's so peaceful." Monica says as she and Ross stare at Phoebe. Heather wasn't paying them any attention since she was reading the newest issue of Vogue. Phoebe jumps up from her sleep, scaring the Gellar siblings.

"It's okay, you know. You just nodded off again." Ross assures Phoebe, knowing she felt bad about scaring them.

"What's going on with you?" Heather asks while setting her magazine down on the table.

"I got no sleep last night. My grandmother has this new boyfriend and they're both kinda insecure in bed. Oh and deaf. So they're constantly reassuring each other that they're having a good time. You have no idea how loud they are."

"Oh I totally understand, my bedroom is right under Heather's and I can hear everything that goes on in there." Monica jokes.

"Hey, I hear everything you do in yours too!" Heather laughs.

"If you want you can stay with Rachel and me tonight." Monica offers Phoebe. Joey and Chandler walk in the coffeehouse, coming over to wish Ross a happy birthday, even though his birthday wasn't even close.

"Hockey tickets, Rangers-Penguins tonight at the garden and we're taking you." Joey says showing Ross the tickets.

"Happy birthday pal." Chandler pats Ross on the shoulder.

"It's funny, my birthday was seven months ago."

"So?"

"So, I'm guessing you had an extra ticket and couldn't decide which one of you got to bring a date." The guys shake their head telling Ross the truth. Ross glances at the tickets and realizes what day it was.

"I was hoping you wouldn't remember." Monica says.

"What's wrong with today?" Heather asks.

"Today's the first day Carol and I consummated our physical relationship." Ross shakes his head and hands the tickets to Joey. "I better pass on the game. I think I'm just gonna go home and think about my ex-wife and her lesbian lover."

"To hell with hockey, let's all do that!" Joey exclaims. Chandler and Joey follow Ross, stopping him before he leaves to convince him to go to the game, which he finally agrees to. Rachel runs over and holds up her paycheck in her hand.