ONE

THE ONE WHERE IT BEGINS

Heather Michaels sat on the floor next to her friend Phoebe Buffay as they colored a picture together. Chandler Bing and Monica Gellar sat on the couch, sipping coffee and flipping through the newspaper, while Joey Tribbiani sat in the recliner, staring at the ceiling. The group was at Central Perk, the coffeehouse you could always find them at.

"There's nothing to tell, it's just some guy I work with." Monica says. Heather rolls her eyes at Monica's attempt to lie.

"Come on. You're going out with the guy, there's got to be something wrong with him." Joey laughs. Heather nods her head agreeing with her best friend. Monica Gellar never went out with normal guys.

"A hump? Does he have a hump and a hairpiece?" Chandler jokes, earning a glare from Monica.

"Wait, does he eat chalk? Just cause I don't want her to go through what I went through with Carl." Phoebe sighs and looks down.

"Okay, everybody relax. this is not even a date."

"Sure." Heather laughs, making Monica hit her in the arm.

"It's two people going out to dinner and not having sex." Monica argues.

"Sounds like a date to me." Heather mocks.

"Can we just change the subject please?" Monica begs the group.

"Alright, so I'm back in high school. I'm standing in the middle of the cafeteria and I realize I am totally naked." Chandler changes the topic to the dream he had the night before.

"I've had that dream." A few of them mumble.

"Then, I look down and I realize there is a phone.. there." Heather's face contorts into confusion as she looks up at Chandler and away from her and Phoebe's drawing.

"Instead of..?" Joey asks, nodding down to Chandler's crotch.

"That's right." Chandler speaks quickly.

"Well, geez, I've never had that dream." Heather laughs with the others joining in.

"All of the sudden, the phone starts to ring and it turns out it's my mother. Which is very very weird because she never calls me." Chandler finishes his story with everyone giving him weird glances.

|

"Hi." Ross Geller, Monica's older brother says as he walks in the coffeehouse, drenched from the rain. The group had traded spots, Phoebe and Monica now on the couch, Chandler in a wooden chair, Joey still in the recliner and Heather on the armrest of said recliner.