Chapter 16

Chapter 16,
Bonding with a fox?

Foxes are normally tricksters, will this pair end up as friends or will he end up using her heart?

Accalia's POV

I felt myself being lifted up into arms, they were so warm but the urge to sleep was overpowering me. The warmth almost kept me from not opening my eyes because I didn't want it to end. However I opened my eyes anyway. There I saw a man holding me in his arms, bridal style. I felt my heart beat quickly and I made eye contact. The man wore glasses and he looked down at me, "ah so you're finally awake now? You took long enough." He spoke in a soft tone at first but his last words seemed annoyed.

I suddenly screamed and punch him in the face, "let go of me four eyes!" I yelled and he dropped me. I fell on my butt and it kinda hurt, maybe it wasn't the best choice to do that...

"Oh my holy saint! I had no idea you were deadly and cruel hearted!" He growled in a voice I suddenly recognized. "Fox man?" I asked and he shot a glare towards me. "Fox man?! That's not my name!!!" He Almost snarled at me and I widened my eyes.

"Okay okay. First off I'm sorry for punching you in the face, I didn't know it was you. Secondly what is your name?" I asked him and his brow slightly twitched in annoyance.

"I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you didn't recognize me. I mean I chose my normal human like form instead of my original godly human form." He explained and I glanced at him. His disguise was almost perfect, I couldn't even tell it was him if it wasn't for his voice. He had raven black hair and nearly coal like eyes, and his glasses he wore gave him an intelligent yet incredibly handsome look.
"And what is my name?" He repeated my question before giving me an answer, "it's Zarek" he spoke softly and looked away from me.

"Really? That's your name? How cute! I think it fits you well." I complimented him and he turned his face away for a moment however his cheek was slightly visible. Is it just me or does his cheek seem slightly pink? Was he blushing? I kept my thoughts to myself and he turned to face me again. "So?" He asked and I stared at him blankly not sure what he meant. He suddenly moved his hand over his face in a almost disappointed way. "Oh my god.." he sighed as if I was an issue. "What?" I asked and he stayed in his current position. "Your name smart one! What is your name?" He nearly growled and I felt my cheeks burn red from embarrassment. "How could I forget? I'm sorry about that. My name is Accalia.." I spoke softly and he seemed surprised. "Interesting, your name means she wolf yet you don't smell exactly like a she wolf..." he mumbled softly and I tilted my head. "I'm sorry, I must have forgot to mention I'm a hybrid, and that's why I smell so weird." I spoke with a smile and saw his eyes go wide. "A hybrid? Is that even possible? Perhaps she could be of use to me. Right now she seems terribly weak, easy prey so if I control her- I mean help her-" I cut him off, "hey I'm standing right here Zarek in case you forgot!" I spat with a angered expression on my face. At that moment he sighed, "do forgive me, I tend to think things like that at times, I never actually do them though." He spoke with what seemed like a fake smile but I paid no mind to it and just smiled back.

We stood there for what seemed like forever in a awkward silence, Zarek was just quiet with a cold narrowed stare. I kind of felt uneasy at his stare, so I decided to break the silence. "Hey Zarek, have you ever wanted to leave this place?" I asked him and he stared at me in almost near shock but didn't respond. So I tried talking again, "can I see your true human form?" I asked him and he rolled his eyes, "why?" He growled and I smiled. "What's the problem? All I want to do is see it.." I made a pouty look and he sighed. "Fine.." he growled and snapped his finger. A cloud of smoke appeared and I coughed and tried to wave it away before finally looking towards Zarek again. His old appearance had melted away and it's place was a sight to behold. Zarek was wearing what seemed like a kimono, something a samurai would wear. He now had long Golden Blonde hair that was incredibly hard to look away from, and his eyes I have to say, are his best feature. They were a beautiful purple, a captivating gem that I couldn't look away from. Zarek suddenly growled "will you stop drooling?" And I laughed, "sorry! I didn't mean to, you're just so beautiful" I smiled and I saw him turn red and look away. "Whatever", he growled and I chuckled softly. He turned towards me again with a smile, "you know something Accalia? You're something else.."