Chapter 9

Chapter Nine,
His Word...

A promise is something you keep, if you break it you only hurt the person's heart. Their trust in you will begin to fade and their love along with it. They will come to hate you and see you as a enemy, or perhaps they will forgive you and move on.

Caden's POV

She seemed to be in love with her new name, 'Zera' but come to think of it I don't think it suits her. I think there is another name out there that is supposed to be for her, but maybe she can't remember it. I can't help but wonder what she is thinking, why does my heart beat so quickly when she is near? Why do I feel.... Excited? It's strange really, am I falling for a human? Oh please! Don't even get started on that! You? Falling in love?! Don't be silly! Lucifer laughed. Shut up lu lu you have no say in this, and I won't let you control my life.. I told him in my head and he went silent. Tch... Whatever, not like I cared anyway. Lucifer said with growl. I laid there for a moment until I looked up and noticed she was sleeping. I watched her silently, mostly in shock unable to say any words. She fell asleep so quickly, and in my arms without hesitating.. I can't help but watch her sleeping face and smile. Slowly I looked over to the nightstand and saw the chocolate cake, and I sat up. I grabbed it to take a small bite and began to chew, soon realizing my face started to turn a little blue. I put the cake down on the nightstand and put a hand over my mouth, slowly whimpering. Without hesitation I leaped up and ran to my bathroom, And not soon after that vomiting sounds could be heard from there. Oh Satan... I swear is she trying to kill me or something? That cake tasted awful. I was on my knees, my face shrouded with a shadow. A seemingly dark aura surrounded me, and I was slightly shaking.

I stood up from that position as soon as I felt my stomach was better, and I walked back to the nightstand and grabbed the cake, slightly hesitating. Damn It, what the hell am I doing? I'm going to die from this.. But she made it just for me, so I'll do my best to finish as much as I can. Okay here we go, my thoughts were swarming as I took another bite. My face was twisted in disgust, but no matter what I would finish it.

After what seemed like forever I finished the hell bent thing, though the cake was bad I tasted blood in it

After what seemed like forever I finished the hell bent thing, though the cake was bad I tasted blood in it. It was strange really, with my mouth covered by my hand I looked over at the girl. Could she have put her own blood in it? I don't recall human blood tasting like this, it's different... I thought to myself and stared at her sleeping face. My face showed shock and my pupils minimized, and they began shaking uncontrollably. Her blood.. I can't help but lust for it. I can smell it on her, this is indeed her blood. My thoughts swarmed as I saw her bandaged hand. Slowly I reached over and lifted her bandaged hand, and she was still fast asleep but to my surprise she mumbled in her sleep, and she called out my name. My eyes widened in shock unsure of what to do, for I had craved to hear that sweet voice call my name somewhere deep inside.

I sighed softly and gently lifted her hand to my lips, softly pressing it against them. "Zera, I promise to protect you and accompany you to anywhere you wish to go. At first I thought of you as a tool, a tool that I'd use to get back at Nick. However that changed... How? How did you become so special to me in such little time? I feel so protective of you, and get jealous whenever someone else gets close to you. Why am I feeling this petty human emotions? Just why are you so important to me?" I spoke softly, my gaze at the white bed sheets below. My hand unknowingly shook softly and my gaze suddenly rose to a voice. "Caden, do you really feel that way?" Zera asked. I was too shocked to respond, my face turning bright red and I avoided eye contact. I did my best to hide my face and avoid looking in her eye but she spoke again, "In that case, let's be friends" Zera smiled at me and I looked at her dully. Friends?... Stupid bitch I was hoping to be- my thoughts were cut off by Lucifer. Shut the fuck up and accept it, it's better than nothing you selfish Prince. He growled and I remained silent, he was right. Friends was a start at least, I should be grateful just to be that and nothing less. I smiled at her holding back tears and I spoke softly, "all right, let's be good friends Zera. In return I'll show you my world and everything in my kingdom you desire to see."

Zera smiled at me and it pulled at my heart, why did her smile have such a huge effect on me? It's annoying really, but I shall have to bare it

Zera smiled at me and it pulled at my heart, why did her smile have such a huge effect on me? It's annoying really, but I shall have to bare it. "Zera, in the black pitch we shall take our leave. I will prepare my horse, and I will show you the wonders of my kingdom. You name anywhere you'd like to go, and I'll take you there. For now though, rest easy knowing I will be by your side, and in the dead of night you shall wake for your midnight ride underneath the fair moonlight." I spoke to her and she nodded softly with a smile. "Okay Caden, I'll hold you to your prom...ise" she faded away into a deep sleep again. I was slightly annoyed, uh hello? We were having a moment over here! My eye twitched in annoyance and I sighed hiding my anger. I smiled softly and that smile then grew into a smirk, my eyes grew blood red. I bent down on the bed and laid down next to her, my mouth moving closer to her neck. Shit I can't help it! The smell of her scent, her blood! It's driving me mad! I can't control myself! I screamed in my head to stop but it seemed Lucifer was in complete control. My fangs grew from my mouth as I opened it and slowly moved closer to her neck.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well that's all for now guys, sorry for the disappointing chapter. Don't quit on me yet though, I have yet to introduce more characters and maybe even a fight between Nick and Caden over Accalia. I know shocking right?! Guess what that event will happens in the next few chapters! Stay tuned and learn more secrets about the characters and be introduced to two special guys later on!
Well that's all I will reveal for now, if you want to know more then you'll have to read it!

-Sylvia