Chapter Forty-Five

Chapter Forty-Five

* D a r c y *

I shut his door, and took a few steps back, feeling my fragile hand feel my beating heart. It was magic to hear those three words, but it wasn't as powerful as an 'I love you' yet it very well similar. Things like this that involve a sort of compassion meant by words is something that makes you frozen, or drift away up in the clouds. It wasn't love, it wasn't lust, it was the awakening of Harry's first interest from the longest. And I was his interest.

I was in the middle of a love triangle, is what I felt it as he drove away out in the distance. Jason, my boyfriend, someone Harry said he'd leave me crying all alone. How could I be so sure? How could he have known?

'Me and Jason use to be buddies back in high school,' Harry's British voice echoed. 'Stay away from him, Mary' I remember a while ago when Harry warned. 'Is she your next victim?' the breathy New York accent echoed afterwards.

And I, have grown even more dizzy than I was before. My thoughts didn't even hesitate to choose from who spoke the truth because right now it is undecided and unsaid.

People gasped at my late entrance to Mr. Gibson's. With a late pass in my hand, I handed it to my male teacher. He gave me a weird look then signaled me to sit. When I turned I didn't help to notice all the pair of eyes and agape mouths all towards my attention. It has become heated inside, very hot I shall say, when I quickly walk over to my seat.

"As what I was saying.." Mr. Gibson faced the board and began to write.

As he spoke, I sat there trying to listen. A tap interrupted my focus, and turned to my side to see a girl I barely even know lean to whisper something in my ear.

"You're into them?" She lowly questioned.

My face drops to Harry's shirt who they perhaps noticed when I entered. "Um, not really." I turn back to listen but she taps my arm again. In the nicest way, I turn to her again.

"You smell like guy cologne, I thought you were a church girl?" She smiles and examines my boy-looking outfit.

Usually, I would wear jeans, and plain t-shirts. Or wear lots and lots of pink designed shirts with a pretty collar of this generation style.

The fact that the girl commented that I was a 'church girl' slightly offended me in a way. So I moved my lips to the side while I thought what to comment. Plus, this is Harry's shirt which in fact will have his cologne but why would it smell like him if he hasn't worn it?

I gasp loudly, making the whole class turn. "Sorry." Slowly I began to lower myself in my seat, and looked at the girl next to me.

"I am innocent, can't I have a boyfriend?" My voice slightly sounded rude.

"Shit." I heard her scold and turn to the board.

I felt bad now, but I continued to listen until class was over. Since class ended, I walked over to my hang-out spot to see Melissa, Grace, and Amanda.

They all turned in unison, but Amanda didn't have a pleasing attitude. "Are you wearing a guys shirt?" She laughed.

"Y-Yeah." I fix my hair towards the front of my face.

Melissa charges for a hug the quickly backs up with a confused expression. "What?" I giggle with arms still open.

"You smell like a guy." She takes a few steps back.

Was it THAT strong? I gulp because they'd want an explanation on why I have a guys shirt, or why I have a scent of a male. They will ask why I don't have my materials and everything. Sure they're my friends, but as the goody-two-shoes in the group, perhaps they will view me as bad now. Worse for Amanda if she finds out who's bed I slept in.