Chapter 18- Wild Eyes

Start from the beginning

"I can do it now! I'll show you" she snarled. One thing about Elaina, she hated the word losing in her vocabulary. It was a fatal flaw that would probably get her into quite some trouble one day.

"Eevee, use attract!" She ordered, widening her stance and throwing another dirty look at Leon. Eevee obeyed, sending pink love hearts into the air. "Now swift!" Elaina demanded slightly too early. Eevee wasn't ready to preform the move and attempted to rush through her front flip. The feline Pokemon tripped over Elaina's arm while producing the gold stars it's trainer had asked for. Instead of colliding with the target, like they should have, the swift darted towards the forest line.

The gold stars made tinny explosions as they hit a spectrum of trees. The forest went quiet, except for the small thud of Eevee landing on her butt. Smiles started to form on the twins faces and Elaina curled inwards with embarrassment. I was about to speak but an irritating buzzing sound cut me short.

A sickening feeling coiled in the pit of my stomach. I had heard that awful buzzing sound before, and it didn't hold good memories. My eyes widened and I noticed even Ash perk up. His body went immediately ridged.

A herd of striped, yellow and black Pokemon emerged from the canopy. They swarmed our campsite, intensifying the buzzing sound. Each one was equipped with its own pair of spiked arms and fluid wings. Their image was enough to send shivers down one's back. The species certainly invoked fear in myself.

"It's Beedrill!" I shrieked, the horror finally sinking in.

"Eevee must have hit their nest with that swift." Ash noted, taking a few steps back.

"What's a Beedrill?" Elaina asked confused as she eyed the creatures in front of her. Casually, she took out her Pokedex and aimed it towards the swarm of Pokemon.

"Beedrill, the poison bee Pokemon. Beedrill fly at violent speeds, all while stabbing with the toxic stinger on its rear. They are often-"

"We need to run!" Ash cut the Pokedex short. I agreed, completely. There was something incredibly wild and unsettling about a Beedrill's red eyes. It always seemed on the verge of a rage driven tantrum.

"But I-" Elaina started. Unfortunately, I wasn't having any of it.

"Elaina, we need to go now!" I warned, trying to sound as serious and demanding as I felt.

"Okay!" She surrendered, turning around to begin running in the opposite direction. I, myself, made a dash for the opposing tree line. Taking a glimpse over my shoulder, I realized that the Beedrill had noticed our escape and were darting like bullets in our direction. I gasped and pushed my legs faster.

Once I was out of the clearing, and through the forest line, I had to be more careful with my footing. I weaved in and out of trees, peering over my shoulder every two seconds. Elaina and her brothers were running a little way to my right, and Ash to my left. The Beedrill had taken it upon themselves to follow us into the thick vegetation. I growled in frustration, watching the scenic greenery blur around me as I ran faster.

Thud, thud, thud, thud. My feet had taken on an even rhythm as the chase drew on. Beedrill were surprisingly consistent Pokemon. My breaths became raspy and a small ache was starting to creep up my legs. Soon I would become tired, and that was something I couldn't afford.

All of a sudden I was stopped in my tracks. My feet skidded across the grassy terrain, a desperate attempt to stop myself. Before me loomed a Beedrill. It's head was bowed and spiked arms aimed at me. Every fiber in my body tensed and a lump clogged my throat. My eyes met its red ones. They buzzed with wildness, freezing me to the spot.