9 - Ready To Love

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS EXPLICIT CONTENT, PLEASE READ WITH A MATURE MIND!

Jaye

These damn bus shifts couldn’t get anymore boring. I don’t know how Willy did this every night. Well he was old and obviously I wasn’t. I was shy to twenty five years old in a few months, I had more to do than run this night owl bus and that was recording and promoting myself.

I parked in front of the strip club waiting on Amina since she was working tonight and leaned back in my chair. It was two thirty am so I had thirty minutes to really kill. I tried calling Evie but I was getting straight to voicemail calls, I wasn’t stressing her.

I looked over at the club and sighed, I really thought about Amina giving me that lap dance a few nights ago, it still gets me working up every moment I thought about it. The way her body danced to the beat of my music how she let the music take over her, it had my mind really spinning.

Salt in my wounds, hear my tears all in my tunes, let me life loose in this booth, just for you, motherfucker, hope y’all amused!

I looked at my phone and saw “E” calling me and I quickly answered.

“Wassup E?” I answered and I could only hear music but when I listened even more closely it sounded like my music and slowly I was starting to have the biggest kool-aid smile on my face. My music was getting spins out wherever E was at.

“Yo where you at?” I yelled into the phone then I finally could hear him somewhat move away from the music.

“Hello Hello? Jaye!” he yelled multiple times and I just sighed.

“Bitch nigga! I’m here! I’m working, where you at?”

“Bruh I’m at room service and they playing your tracks and when I mean the crowd is jumping the crowd is killing it. They played your tracks about four times tonight and people keep on requesting it!” he said excitedly and I smiled from ear to ear.

I really couldn’t believe it; I can’t believe she even did that for me.

I heard a knock on the door and immediately hung up the phone as I saw Amina standing there smiling and I pressed the button opened the doors.

“Wassup bus driver,” she said and tried to put her money into the machine and I touched her hand and stopped her. I reached into my pocket and took out the bus pass and handed it to her.

“Its good for a year so you’re fine just a thank you cause E just called me saying he heard my song at Room Service.” I said and she smiled.

“Let’s just say I pulled a few strings,” she smiled and I started to drive the bus heading to the apartment.

“Like?”

“Like, Trevon is feeling your music, I told him to promote you a little in the club, you know get your music out there, you have the potential but whoever is you manager sucks at promoting you.”

I cracked a smile, “That’s if I had a manager but I don’t thanks I thank you so much, I would have still be struggling trying to get my music out there.”

She put her head down and smiled, “No problem, it’s the least that I could do, for a free bus pass for a year I could finally get everywhere without spending two dollars and twenty five cents.”

We both laughed and as I glanced at her I could just see her face just glow like an angel and it has been the longest ever since I have ever seen that face on a woman. The whole way we talked about out future, obviously I knew about Amina’s dream to become a great event planner because she always had this eye to see party’s at the most cheapest prices. She never wanted to be those type of planners who planned at the thousands just for a kids birthday party because when we were younger we aint had the big ol parties like kids have now. We had parties in the backyard with the grill flaming and music playing and invited the whole hood if we had to.