This Is Not What I Was Expecting

Start from the beginning

"Let's just go to my room." I whispered, tugging at his hand. He paused for a second before standing up.

"I think I better leave, Liv." He kissed me gently before pulling himself away and walking toward the door.

"No, Abel." I grabbed his wrist, "I. . . you'll call me when you get home, right?" I was afraid for him to go home, I was terrified his parents would make up for the time they had lost while he was in Vegas.

"Of course, babe." He gently pried my fingers from his wrist and kissed them, "Dream of me." He said it so quietly I was positive my parents hadn't heard it. He disappeared out the door a second later, letting it shut quietly behind him.

"What was that?" Dad asked.

"What?" I tried to play innocent.

"You and him. Are you two dating?" I reached up to cover my face so I didn't have to see the look on their faces.

"It doesn't matter, I-"

"Olivia, it does. Are you with him?" Dad stood up and tried to grab my arm, but I ripped it away.

"Why does it even matter to you? All you're going to do is sit here and put him down." I responded, glaring at both of my red faced parents. It was Mom, standing a few feet behind Dad, that finally spoke up.

"Do you love him?" She questioned. I stared down at my hand, my head moving slowly.

"Yeah, Mom. I do love him."

**

I was sitting in the middle of my bed with my college acceptance letters laid out in front of me when Oliver walked into my room.

He looked a lot better then he had a few hours ago. The color had returned to his cheeks and he wasn't hunched over, holding his stomach. He had thrown his old Star Wars Yoda shirt and a pair of basketball shorts, even his hair looked as if it belonged on a ten year old version of him.

"You okay?" He asked, sitting on the bed beside me. I shrugged, looking down at the papers in front of us.

"I guess." I mumbled.

"I heard the fight earlier. Just. . . I think Jeremy said something to them they didn't like. I think he asked why they weren't here very often." I felt my eyes widen as I turned to my brother, my mouth open.

"Yeah." He said, seeing my expression. "So just try not to take it personal. How's Abe doing?" I picked up my phone, looking at the two unanswered texts I had sent Abel.

"I don't know. I'm just. . . I'm worried." I admitted, "What if they hurt him really bad, Oli?" My brother touched my shoulder gently before pulling me into a hug.

"He's going to be fine, Liv It's Abel." I nodded, wanting to believe he was right. He looked down after a minute, his eyes roaming all four of the acceptance letters in front of me.

"Where'd you decide on?" He asked. I shook my head, letting my hand brush on top of all of them.

"I don't know, Oli. I. . . I want to be here for Jeremy and Abel if they need me, if they-"

"Sis, Jeremy's going to be fine. He's almost twelve and he knows we're here if he needs us. Abel, well you can just drag him along with you wherever you go." I shut my eyes, swallowing my worry as best as I could.

"What if doesn't want to come?" I questioned, "What if he wants to go with you to UCLA with you?" My brother laughed at the question, as if it were ridiculous.

"Livvy, I'm sure Abel would much rather sit and irritate the crap out of you and Lena instead of have a big Sausage fest with me and our other roommates." I laughed, nudging Oliver with my elbow.

"Thanks." I said.

"Don't mention it, Liv." He stood up, ruffling my hair, "Try to get some sleep. I'm sure Abel has a big day planned for us tomorrow." I smiled, letting it stay on my face until he was out of the room. I laid down on my bed and stared up at the ceiling as my hand brushed against one of the letters and I brought it to my face to see what it was.

"Stanford." I breathed out, smiling a little, "I guess I'll be seeing you soon, yeah?" I set the welcome packet on the nightstand before cleaning up the rest of them and sliding them into my drawer.

I jumped in surprise when my phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out, feeling relief rush through me at Abel's answer to my texts.

I'm fine, Liv. Get some sleep

I set my phone on the nightstand before changing quickly and laying back down on my bed, looking at my Titanic poster on the wall across my room. After a second of staring at it with stinging eyes, I rolled over to look out my window, feeling my fingers cross under the blanket.

"Don't let him get hurt," I said out loud, hugging my old bear against my chest, "Please don't let them hurt him."

***AN***

Hope you guys enjoyed! 

Let me know what you thought!

~ChasingMadness24