bleach

hoseok woke up late the next afternoon, disoriented and confused. he rubbed his eyes, yawning as well. the stretch of his jaw caused him to groan in pain, suddenly recalling the night before.

bloody shirts, loud yells, warm touches. he opened his eyes wide to see where he was. the room was set at a neutral, beige theme — soft yet simultaneously heavy.

he squinter his eyes as tried to remember where he was and how he had gotten there. he remembered the laundry mat, the apartment complex, the fight. "jimin," he muttered the name quietly.

he clenched his fist, gathering a ball of the fabric in his large hand before letting it fall, draping over the edge of the large mattress.

he dragged his hand over the spot on the bed beside him; it was empty. he forced himself to sit, wincing slightly at the bruises on his ribs.

as he became upright, the rush of blood created an intoxicating dizziness and another groan escaped his lips. he closed his eyes tightly, feeling a prominent headache from his drunken exploration the night before.

opening his eyes again, he took note of the rooms order. a narrow mirror leaned against the wall beside the open closet door, and a small desk was pressed to wall opposite the bed. a dresser, assumably filled with clothing articles.

he looked down at himself, noticing the absence of his shirt. "what the fuck?" his voice was hoarse and scratchy. he stood, slowly walking to the door and opening it.

beyond that thin door was small apartment that carried the same beige theme, and there was hardly any variation from the room he has awoken in. the only difference that spoke out to him was a young man that was unconscious on the sofa in the tiny living area.

hoseok made his was across the room, silent and curious. as he became closer to the boy, he noticed the uniform he wore. the breast pocket read 'kim cleaning', the laundry mat, he assumed.

"kim jimin?" hoseok said to himself, wondering if that was the name of the young boy before him. he shook his head, "doesn't sound right."

he stared at jimin's lips, distracted from his current train of thought. his gaze traveled, then, to the boy's eyelids. hoseok frowned slightly then turned away and walked back into the room.

he crouched down to look into the mirror, studying the injured r election staring back at him. his ribs were spotted with blue and purple spots, minimal harm done. his jaw, on the opposite hand, was purple from just before the chin to the ear.

he chuckled, content with the damage brought to him. "what's so funny?" a voice asked from the doorway.

hoseok jumped at the sudden sound of jimin's raspy morning voice, stepping quickly away from the mirror and closer to the bed. "a-ah," he stuttered slightly, "it's nothing."

jimin smiled and rubbed his eyes with his fists. "sir, i washed your shirt last night. i hope it didn't bother you too much."

"oh, right." hoseok looked down at his naked abdomen and then back at the boy. "is it clean by now?" he was surprised at how calm the conversation was, as if he hadn't woken in a stranger's bedroom, and as if they had been acquainted for years.

"yes," jimin assured him. "i bleached it to get the blood stains out." he walked away from the door, silently urging the elder to follow. they walked into a small room filled primarily of a washer and a dryer.

the younger bent down, opening the dryer and pulled out hoseok's white shirt. "here it is." his tone was delighted, cheerful.

"thank you," hoseok responded quietly, slipping the shirt over his head after a moment.

jimin nodded, accepting the gratitude and turned to face the stranger fully. "i'm sorry for bringing you here without your absolute content, but last night you passed out and wouldn't wake up even after i tried many times." the younger hurriedly explained their situation before continuing. "i didn't want to leave you out in the ally, so i brought you here."

a chuckle escaped the older. "it's fine; nothing to worry about." he awkwardly ruffled jimin's hair.

"um, sir?" jimin's voice was quiet. "can i ask your name?"

"ah," he hesitated for a moment before continuing, "jung hoseok."

"hoseokie~" jimin smiled. "i'm park jimin."

"so, it's really not kim jimin?" he nodded at the boy's shirt, raising a quizzical brow.

"oh, no. that's my boss's name: kim namjoon." he told him. "you know, one of the guys who beat you up last night."

a chuckle emanated from hoseok, trying to guess which of the two was namjoon. after a moment he said, "i'm sorry if you helping me out causes trouble for you at work."

a shrug was the response. "it's fine. namjoon won't hold a punishment for me." he looked up to meet the taller man's eyes, smiling slightly. "are you hungry? we can go get breakfast?"

hoseok nodded, "yeah, sure." he meant for his words to be more sincere, but portrayed them incorrectly. "i'll pay," he added, "as a way of thanking you for taking care of me."

a/n woo~ i feel suddenly motivated, so i should write while i feel happy doing so