Jerome Valeska #1

You stood at the entrance of the charity ball checking people's bags as they came in. As a security guard safety was your number one priority and so you were being very thorough and on high alert.

"Welcome Ma'am, would it be alright if I just checked your bag before you enter?" you smiled politely at the 32nd rich and snobby women tonight.

"Are you accusing me of bringing something inappropriate to a charity ball?" her high pitched voice screeched at you.

No one would refuse to be searched unless they were hiding something and you knew this woman was suspicious. You were an expert on suspicious. However, you kept up the sweet girl act for now.

"Of course not Mrs, it's just a routinely check we have to do. I can tell you would never bring anything in but it's just my job."

Her husband elbowed her and you watched as she slowly and cautiously handed you her bag. You nodded at her and opened it. Inside you found a small bottle of vodka.  Honestly, you didn't blame her, the entertainment was bound to be bad as it was a children's charity event and they expected you to pay twice as much for a drink just to be counted as a 'donation'. You still removed it from her bag though.

"Mrs I can leave it locked up for now and get it out at the end of the evening to return to you if you'd like."

She sighed and rolled her eyes, "No it's pointless now, can I just have my bag back?"

You returned her bag and continued your job for another hour or so and before long people stopped coming in and some acts began to start performing. You adjusted your wig and sat down by the door just in case anyone else came in. As you sat down a man with a moustache, beard and black mask and a women dressed in a very short, pink sparkly dress burst through the doors.

You stood up and looked at the man in confusion. He looked familiar.

"So sorry we're late, the magic business isn't as elegant as it seems," the man chuckles.

He looks at you and a grim smile appears on his face that sends shivers down your spine. And you are normally pretty immune to any fear.

"Have I met you before?" he asks.

You shake your head, "No, I don't think so. I've only been working here for a few weeks."

"Of course I haven't. I'd remember you if I had," he winks, "Well we better get going to set up. Where to is backstage?"

You direct them backstage and sit back down at the door. Really, you almost fell asleep. Just because it was a Children's Hospice Gala didn't mean there couldn't be some interesting things going on.

A loud amount of clapping interrupted your thoughts. You looked up and watched from the back as 'The Great Rodolfo' did a few good magic tricks. He even called up Bruce Wayne and we all knew that Mr Wayne hated magicians. But none the less the trick was good and you found yourself laughing and clapping from the back. You were enjoying yourself too much and you hadn't noticed the doors being locked and every way out being stopped. That was until it was too late.

Rodolfo pulled up the Deputy Mayor and his glamorous assistant flipped away a cloth to reveal knifes.

"By the way, no one is getting out of here alive."

The audience laughed but you wanted to bang your head against a wall for being so stupid. You knew that voice anywhere as his accent changed. You'd let a psychopathic murderer dressed as a magician enter a charity event. God, you were so fired.

You began to look around acting as if you knew nothing but scanned for a way out. Jerome stabbed the Deputy Mayor and you knew you had to get out of there. He revealed himself and everyone gasped, as oblivious to his identity just as you were moments before.  What if he found out who you were?

Would it be so bad?

Yes, it would. We have to hide who we are for now. Lay low.

You argued with yourself but you couldn't find a way out of this one. There were gunshots and shouting. Inching towards the door you grabbed the gun you hid in your boot and prepared to escape. That was until a huge man with a much better gun than yours grabbed you by the arm and began pulling you towards the stage.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? A hero in our midst," Jerome laughed menacingly.

You only mirrored his crazy smile, and he looked at you in confusion. With one quick turn, you flung your body around and broke the mans arm who was holding you. He screamed in pain and you shot him without a second thought. All the other men surrounded you and aimed there guns at you but you felt no fear, just adrenaline, after all you were immune to it now. Especially after all you'd been through.

"Stand down," Jerome ordered to his men while he looked at you as if expecting fear to rise through your body.

"I'm no hero," you spat, "in fact I'm quite the opposite. I would like to think you'd know your own ex-girlfriend though."

You pulled of your wig and glasses in a dramatic motion as the crowd gasped again, clearly not the smartest crowd in the world.

"Y/N," Jerome laughed.

"Jerome," you replied just sassier.

"Or as everyone else here knows you (Y/V/N-Your supervillain name). Welcome to the party."

"Oh, how nice to be invited but it's a little late for those formalities don't you think?" you smiled.

Jerome beckoned you on stage and you walked towards him, people cowering at the once calm and polite security guard they thought you were. Jerome leant out his hand and pulled you up onto the stage. With one quick, aggressive pull, he pulled you against him and smashed his lips onto yours. His hand reached down to hold your bum and you ran your hands through his soft, ginger locks. Your lips moulded together like they always did and you breathed in his mint and circus familiar smell. Your mouths moved in motion for a while until he pulled away and ran his hand down your cheek.

"It's never too late for an invite. The party's just getting started baby."

A/N guys! What would your villain name be? I'm dreadful at things like that so I left it for you to come up with 😂

Plus I hope you liked this one. Jerome is my favourite character so I hope I did it justice 💞