ix. her love meant war

dopamine.
" HER LOVE MEANT WAR "
sarah & allison.

"I can't help but love youEven though I try not toI can't help but want youI know that I'd die without you

Even though I try not to
I can't help but want you
I know that I'd die without you."

---

MY FOOT THUMPED in a messy beat as I tried to gain the courage to walk up to that door. First date jitters were the absolute worst. What if I spill something on her clothes like I'm those clićhe movies. Oh, dear lord, what if I'm reading to much into this, what if she wants a causal fling. What if she's only going out with me because she's so new in town she has no idea that there are plenty people out there hotter than me that would willingly date her.

What if I kiss her and my breath stinks?

Wait, do I kiss her on the first date?

My thoughts were cut short when the passenger side door opened and a smiling Allison hopped in. I stuttered incoherently at her, not finding the right words to say in this situation. She clamped a hand over my mouth severing all my attempts at a sentence. She giggled at my wide eyes, it was sweet melody I wanted to hear over and over again.

"I couldn't figure out if you were going to come in anytime soon so I decided to decide for you." Her smile dimmed and I came to the conclusion that this was clearly her first time on a date. As cheesy as it was she knew that girls like Allison liked the old fashioned walk up to the door, introduction to the parents holly good time stuff. An idea had grew within my mind and I turned to Allison with a grin. She cast me a confused look only to watch me exit the car and make my way to her side of the door, opening it with my palm raised up, waiting for her next move.

I could tell she had no idea what I was up to, but she took my hand without question letting me guide her back to her house. I grabbed the door handle, opening it only to gently push her inside. I could see she wanted to ask what in the hell I was doing but I silenced her with a thumbs up. Closing the door right in her face and heading backwards to my car. She peeked through the window staring at me with an annoyed look. Before she could jump to anymore conclusions I made my way back out of the car holding the bundle of daisies that were previously resting in the back seat. Her cheeks reddened as I made my way, knocking on her door. I thought she would've opened it realizing that I was trying to be romantic, but nothing. My feet shuffled around as I knocked again. Nothing. I tried peeking through the now closed curtains, nothing.

Did she really not figure out what I was doing?

The door most ripped of its hinges when she stood there laughing at the look of terror on my face. "I'm sorry. It was to good not to pass up. Seriously though, I'm sorry."

I grinned at her now guilty face, rolling my eyes at her odd ways. I swept everything to the back of my mind focusing on the task at hand. I held out the daisies her cheeks become a crimson shade. "T-Thank you."