Chapter F o u r t e e n

Depuis le début

I take a few deep breaths and turn back to face him for a deep question and answer session but I find Manik walking away from me hiding somewhere behind a locker.

He peeps from behind that locker and tells me, "Do not shout."

"What?" I frown.

"I'm gonna switch the lights off."

"What? Why?" I stare at him with my eyes wide open.

"Are you in the locker room?" The guy's voice sounds closer than before and with that Manik switches the light's off.

"Manik!" I whisper.

"Don't freak out. Just walk to me." He says quietly.

"I can't see, you asshole." I grit, getting restless already.

"Nandini just walk straight." He whispers.

"W-where?" I look aimlessly into the darkness and stay affixed to my spot.

"Ugh. What the fuck did I do to deserve this today?" He mutters thinking it's not audible to me, but it very much is.

"I heard that you jerk! Shouldn't it be me saying that anyway?" I whisper shout.

In the next second Manik tugs on my arm and drags me along with him. I follow stumbling twice on my feet until my head hits a wall to which Manik pushes me into.

"Ouch!" I retrieve my hand back from his hold and rub the back of my head.

"Shush!" Manik hushes as he takes his place in front of me.

There's not much that I can see in the darkness besides Manik who stands hovering above me.

"You have some nerve ordering me around after all you are making me go through." I grit, "That hurt, by the way, and-" I begin to continue but once again I find my mouth being covered with his palm.

"He's coming here Nandini and I want you to shut up your blabbering for once!" He orders with his eyes wide open starting back at me and all I can do is stare back in silence.

I don't know what he is trying to do but I think it's something really important to him.

But I shouldn't even care.

But he seems way to serious about this.

But again, I shouldn't even care.

Manik removes hand from over my mouth and I decide to keep shut. Just then we hear the door of the locker room open, "Definitely not here." The guy says to himself and then we hear the door close.

Manik titlts his head backwards, "He's going." He curses under his breath.

"You wanted that." I whisper to him.

"No." He says and moves away from me in a rush.

"NO!" I quickly tug on his arm pulling him back, "Don't leave me alone you dumbass!"

"Just wait here. This is important."

"No. Stick your feet to this ground Manik. If you leave me in this dark creepy room, I swear I will ruin whatever you are up to. I'll shout and tell that guy you're here and whatever you're planning on doing will fall apart." I warn him.

Manik runs his hand through his hair in frustration and sighs.

"Come with me." He says taking my hand and pulling me along with him.

But as soon as we get two steps ahead of our previous spot another voice fills into the air of the basketball court and Manik stops.

"Sam."