Chapter 6: A Fifth Dimension

A Fifth Dimension

Back in Royal Woods, Michigan. Lynn Loud Sr had just walked in the door home from work when Rita called out to him.

Rita: Hi, Honey. Good news. I talked to the kids today.

Lynn Sr: Wonderful. How are they?

Rita: They're doing great, but I think Lincoln's having some kind of mental health breakdown or something.

Lynn Sr: He's probably having problems adjusting to California. So where the kids staying at?

Rita: Some old hotel off sunset blvd. Hollywood tinsel tower or something, I think.

Lynn Sr: Sounds nice, dear. Wait a minute, The old Tower hotel on Sunset Blvd? The Hollywood Tower Hotel!!!!Rita! That place is evil. People died in that hotel long ago!!!!!! And they closed it up!

Rita: What?!

Lynn Sr: And you let the kids stay in there?!

Rita: I didn't know! Maybe she didn't know, either! How do you know this?

Lynn Sr: My grandfahter told me this story as a kid. He said that's where hotel geusts check in, but they never check out! We gotta get over there now!

Rita: California is a thousand miles away. We'll never make it in time!

Lynn Sr: We can if we hurry.

Rita: Let's go, then!

Rod Serling: Two frightened parents. Now aware of the peril their children are in, are now in a frantic hurry to find the fastest way to reach Hollywood to rescue their children from a potentially horrible fate. A fate in which the path the follow may in fact condemn them to the same fate of those five unfortunate individuals from long ago. A fate in which they are forever bound....to the twilight zone.

(Hollywood Tower Hotel)

The kids all entered the lobby with everything they had from their day out when suddenly, there was a glowing light. Lori was carrying Lily when she noticed it. She gave the baby to Lincoln and went off the find the source of the glow. She followed it into the basement as the others went to the service elevator. Lori then noticed a small girl about 9 or 10 in a pink dress and called out to her.

Lori: Excuse me! Little girl! Are you lost?

The girl didn't respond and hopped away, Lori followed her again.

Lori: Little girl? Hey, don't walk away from me! Maybe I can help you.

The girl turned a corner, but Lori followed it and saw no one. The only thing in her sight was a door marked 22. She walked up to it and touched the knob. She opened to reveal a room full of coffins and standing there was a sinister looking nurse lady.

 She opened to reveal a room full of coffins and standing there was a sinister looking nurse lady

Nurse: Room for one more, honey.

Lori screamed and ran away. She found herself back in the empty lobby. But standing in the shadows was a tall man in a black tuxedo.