The Lodger (pt 1) / Court (pt 1)

Start from the beginning

I didn't know what this was about, and I wanted to give it more thought—but I didn't have the time, and suspected I was going to find out soon anyway. All I could manage was an "I know," before walking off again.

888

"These are your keys," Craig grabbed a simple metal ring with three keys on them.

"I can stay?" The Doctor asked excitedly, moving to stand in front of Craig.

"Yeah, you're weird and you can cook– it's good enough for me." Craig chuckled, holding up the keys in front of him and holding up each one individually, explaining what they were for. "Right—outdoor, front door, your door."

The Doctor wasn't even paying attention to the keys being held up, and was busy smiling at the fact that they were his. "My door, my place, my gaff!" He snatched the keys from Craig and laughed. "Yes—me with a key."

Craig nodded, trying to just accept his weirdness now, and spoke in a lower tone, as if telling a secret. "And listen, Mark and I, we had an arrangement where if you ever need me out of your hair, just give me a shout, okay?"

Craig winked at the Doctor, and the Doctor winked back, only pretending to understand what was going on before asking, "Why would I want that?"

"In case you want to bring someone round—"

"Right!" The Doctor interrupted, immediately thinking of someone. "By the way, something you should know. There's a woman called Nova, she's usually with me but she's at home right now sorting out some... family problems, and I don't know if she'll be back soon or not." The Doctor explained.

"Oh, everything alright, mate?" Craig picked up on the Doctor's worried tone.

"Yeah, yeah," The Doctor quickly changed his demeanor. "I just thought I should let you know she might come around some time."

"Okay, well you might want to tell her to bring a pillow—cause there's only one on the bed right now," Craig informed him.

"Oh, it's okay, we don't sleep much." The Doctor assured him, smiling gently.

Craig cringed just a little. "Didn't need to know that, mate."

The Doctor assumed he was right, but wasn't sure why. "By the way, that rot," The Doctor looked to the rot that was slowly growing across the ceiling. "I've got the strangest feeling that we shouldn't touch it."

888

"Why does the universe hate me so much?" I asked, holding my head in pain, noticing that once again I landed on the floor when there was a perfectly good bed next to me that I could have landed on instead.

"Nova! I didn't know if you would make it here," The Doctor kneeled beside me and helped me stand up.

I waited a few moments for the pain to subside before responding. "Yeah, I just wanted to make sure..."

I stopped, still not able to speak a sentence all the way through with the pain in my head, so the Doctor continued. "Make sure of what?"

"That my phone would work..." I replied sheepishly, before looking around at our oddly normal surroundings. "And where exactly are we?"

"My room! In Essex, in the flat of a man named Craig," the Doctor told me excitedly.

"IS THAT NOVA?" I heard a familiar shriek from the Doctor's ear.

"OW!" The Doctor held a hand up to his ear. "Not so loud! Yes, it's her," the Doctor took out the earpiece from his ear and gave it to me.

I looked down at the strange blinking device and then back up at him, not knowing what to do with it. He grabbed it from my hand and moved my hair back, putting it in my ear himself. I only had a brief moment to think about the sensation of his fingertips brushing my hair behind my ear until I giggled a little. "That tickles..."

supernova (11th doctor)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara