Ray (mom knows best)

You walked to your mothers door as ray grabbed the car seat. You was kinda nervous because your mother never really liked ray.

"hey mom" you said hugging her.

She smile and walked in to the living room. Ray came in and greeted your mother "hello ms.(your last name)" he said smiling.

"it's mrs.(your last name)" she snarled. Now all of y'all are sitting on the couch, ray has the baby bouncing on his leg.

"so how's my grandson doing" she said trying to spark up a convo.

"well he just got his first-gco"

"I was talking to y/n" your mother growled.

"mom the was rude" you said raising your voice a lil.

"no it's okay y/n" ray said patting the babies back.

"y/n why are you still with him, do you not remember all the shii he put you thur!" your mother yelled

"yes mom but he has changed" you said basically pleading for your moms approval.

"my first grandchild should not have been by him, matter of fact any of them! I don't know why you even keep if you knew it was his!"

The hell okay now she done crossed the line you was about to explode but then ray stood up.

"look mrs.(YLN) I love y/n and my child with all my heart. I know I done some messed up stuff but it's the past and now were happy. As long as y/n will let imma be there for her no matter what. I'm sorry you can't see that."

You were in aww at ray he never stood up to your mother like that. Sure maybe he'll talk trash but never to her face.

"babe imma be in the car" ray said picking up the diaper bag and carseat.

The look on your moms face was priceless, but it kinda hurts to find out she has a problem with the child who had nothing to do with why that's his father.

"mom I'm sorry but I dont want my child to be around this kinda of environment, so until you can except us as a family I can't be here" you walked over to hug her "I love you" you whispered.

You walked back to the car with tears slow rolling down your cheeks.

"you okay babe" ray said whipping your cheeks.

You nodded your head and kissed his cheek to reassure him your fine. He stared the car and grabbed your hand and intertwine yalls fingers.

He kissed your hand "I love you y/n"