t w e n t y n i n e

Start from the beginning

He leant down, pressing a delicate kiss to my forehead and then pushed me by the dip in my back over to Aggy. "Get some rest darling. I'll visit you later, okay?"

I nod. He moves over to where the boys still hover over the book.

***

Once in the gentle, warm light of the Dome, Tiel heads straight for the cream sofa and flops down, kicking her feet up over the arm pillows. "This is better," she murmured, eyes watching the silver fairy lights over the archway with a dreamy expression, "this is much more comfortable than the library.

Aggy stands just in front of me, an amused glint in her dark eyes. "Obviously, you dumbass- a library isn't there for sleeping."

"Shush." Tiel's hand outstretched and laced through Aggy's fingers, pulling her down to the sofa for a cuddle. "You too Char," she mumbled, her eyes closed. "It's snuggle time."

"Mm. Okay." I said, agreeing with her statement. I sat down, scootching up on the sofa to lie next to them.

We only had ten minutes of peaceful shut-eye before Aggy broke the silence with her sugary voice. "As much as I don't mind acting in as the stand-in for your pillow - I have a question."

Tiel opened one eye sleepily, "Noo," she yawned and thumped her fist on Aggy's rib. "Enough with the questions, I want to sleep."

Aggy overlooked her reaction, going ahead with her question anyway. "Isn't' this supposed to be the Dome?"

"AGGY!" Tiel sat up. "I thought we covered this earlier? Yes. This is the Dome - are you satisfied now?"

"Where are all the Angels then?"

I couldn't feign deep sleep any longer. It was my turn to groan, "Aggy, not every single Angel resides in the Dome."

Aggy slapped my arm, not pleased with my ambiguous response. "Yes, funnily enough, I got that part. I mean, where do they live?"

"Out there." Tiel hazily pointed out the window. Much to our disappointment, Aggy detached her warmth from us and moved over to the window.

"I don't see them." She said, pressing her nose against the glass window.

"Well, they aren't exactly going to be standing there all lined up waiting for you, are they?" Tiel said, shifting her position.

"Tiel. Charmeine - come over here,"

Tiel shook her head. "Aggy!" she whined, "it can wait - I am exhausted."

"Me too." I nodded.

"No." Aggy folded her arms over, "I noticed this earlier but didn't think any of it. However now, after reading that passage in that book - I'm worried. Just come over here!"

"Fine!" I huffed, reluctantly pulling myself up from the comfortable sofa. Tiel followed me, her hands gripping the blanket she had pulled from the back of the couch.

"What are we looking at?" I asked, pressing my chin in the dip of Aggy's shoulder. We were just standing there, looking out at the empty cobbled street.