Surprise: Mal/Press/JJ

Prompt: JJ and Press surprise Mal at UCLA by coaching her soccer team for a day.

Mallory Pugh-Press-Johnston or Mallory Pugh or Mal Olympic Gold Medalist for USA women's soccer and U-20 World Cup champion, was getting ready for soccer practice with her UCLA Bruins.

They were getting ready for an exhibition match between them and Texas A&M College Station.

Their coaches walked up to them but two people also followed them and Mal saw them and screamed out saying "MAMA MOM!!!" She ran right to her mama or Christen Press-Johnston and her mom or Julie Press-Johnston. The bruins were confused their coaches not so much. They knew Mal's secret that she had been adopted by the couple when she was 15 so for the last 4 years (she's 19 in this) she's been their daughter. During national team and U-20 games she's been wearing Pugh on her jersey not Press-Johnston like her moms.

She was hugging them and saying how much she had missed them and couldn't believe they were at her school. They hadn't been able to visit much because of Chicago Red Stars but since they were currently on break from the team due to some nwsl stuff happening with the federation they were able to come and visit. Christen told her daughter "Mal-Bear we are coaching your team for a day ready to show them what you know!" Mal nodded and hugged her moms before taking their hands and leading them to her teammates.

She got them over there and said "Bruins please welcome my mother's Christen and Julie Press-Johnston and my full name Mallory Diane Pugh Press-Johnston!" She was smiling and bouncing and her girlfriend of 7 months Jessie Flemming Canadian international and photographer came over and said after hugging and kissing Mal and hugging her moms saying "Hi Press hi JJ" they replied "hey Jess".

Their teammates were immediately hounding them with questions like "they are your moms?!" "Since when?!" "They know about you and Jessie?!" And lots more. Mal answered them all

Yes they are my moms
Since I was 15 so 4 years
Yes they do so she's met both parents. My foster parents and Adoptive moms.

The people Mal had been living with in high school and most of her life before JJ and press adopted her were like foster parents and host parents to her.

She was all smiles all of practice and Press and JJ did practice and led it and Mal and Jessie were a perfect combo to show their Bruins teammates how it's done!!

That weekend they won after using the techniques that Press and JJ taught them the score was 11-0 the highest score ever in NCAA division 1 women's soccer.

Press and JJ also made sure that Mal was behaving herself and studying.

End of chapter