13.

Asia Clarke

I Was Sitting In My Office Staring At My New Engagement Ring In Shock. I Still Couldn't Believe I Said Yes To Brandon, But At The Same Time...I Was Somewhat Happy About It.

My Mind Then Drifted To Dex And I Sighed Loudly. The Love Of My Life Was Probably Turning In His Grave Or Talking Mad Shit About Me Saying Yes To Brandon. Dex Had No Filter Whatsoever So I Know For A Fact That He's Cutting Up Right Now.

"Knock, Knock." Larissa Said, Coming Into My Office.

"I Brought You Some Coffee Because You Seem Out Of It Today. Also, Your Hair Looks Gorgeous And The Makeup You Ordered Is On Its Way." She Said. I Giggled As I Took A Sip Of My Coffee.

"Thanks Larissa. This Coffee Is Exactly What I Needed. And Thank You For The Compliment Love. Um...Where's India?" I Asked. Ever Since I Hired India As A Receptionist, She Hasn't Been Doing Her Job. I'd Hate To Have To Fire Her Because She's My Sister And All, But I Will With No Hesitation.

"Oh She Called And Said She Was Going To Be Late. Mother Nature Took Its Course With Her When She Was On The Way Here." She Said.

"Oh Okay Then." I Said. Larissa Frowned And Sat Down In Front Of Me.

"Is Everything Okay? You Seem Really Down And You Shouldn't Because You Just Got Engaged To That Handsome Man Of Yours, And You Should Be Planning A Big, Extravagant Wedding Right Now." She Said.

"I Know, But I'm Not Having Anything Big. Just A Small, Simple Wedding With Our Closest Family And Friends." I Said.

"Well That's Always Good Too. Have You Set A Date?" She Asked.

"Brandon Wants To Go Ahead And Do It Next Month." I Said.

"Next Month? That's Too Soon!" She Gasped.

"Yeah I Know, But We Hired A Wedding Planner And She Said She Could Get It Done By Then So It's Happening." I Said. Now That I Was Discussing The Wedding Details Out Loud...Everything Did Seem A Bit Rushed, But I Wasn't Going To Stress Myself Out About It.

"Well You Seem To Have Everything Under Control So I'm Going To Get Back To Work. Cheer Up Though Please And Smile. It's Already Gloomy Outdoors, But Your Smile Will Bring The Sunshine Indoors." She Said. She Blew Me And Kiss And Skipped Out Of MY Office. See Why I Say She's My Favorite? She Lifted My Mood Almost Instantly.

*

After A Good Day At The Studio, I Was Glad To Be Home And Spend Some Time With My Girls.

"How Was Your Day Guys?" I Asked, While I Prepared Us Some Dinner.

"Good." They Both Said.

"Good. Brandon Is Bringing Dessert For Us Tonight. He Wants To Know If Y'all Want Anything Specific." I Said. When I Told The Girls That Brandon And I Were Getting Married, Savannah Took The News Well, While SaMiyah Was Really Upset. Though She And Brandon Are Slowly Making Progress, She Still Doesn't Like Him.

"Is He Moving In With Us?" SaMiyah Asked.

"No Baby. We're Gonna Move In With Him." I Told Her.

"Whyyy?" She Whined. I Sighed And Massaged My Temples.

"SaMiyah Please Don't Start. Brandon And I Are Getting Married And He Has A Really Nice House That He Wants Us To Move Into." I Said.

"Well I Don't Want To Move In With Him!" She Yelled. I Shot Her A Glare And Scowled. I Don't Know Who The Hell This Little Girl Was Talking To, But She Needs To Calm Down Before I Beat Her Little Ass.

"Listen Here...I Don't Know What Your Problem Is Miss Lady, But You Better Straighten Up Your Attitude Because I Don't Have Time For It!" I Snapped. SaMiyah's Bottom Lip Quivered As She Got Up From The Kitchen Table And Ran Upstairs.

"Mommy You Made Her Cry!" Savannah Said, Running Upstairs To Hopefully Comfort Her Sister.

Ugh!

What The Hell Is Going On With Me?

I Stopped What I Was Doing And Headed Upstairs To Find SaMiyah. She And Savannah Were Laying On The Bed And She Was Crying.

"SaMiyah...Baby Come Here." I Said. I Sat Next To My Girls And Pulled Her Into My Arms.

"Look I'm Not Going To Apologize For Raising My Voice At You Because You Deserve It, But I Am Going To Apologize For Not Being Considerate Of Your Feelings. I Know You Miss Your Dad And Trust Me...I Miss Him Too, But He's Gone Now And Brandon Is A Really Great Guy. Why Can't You Give Him A Chance?" I Asked. She Wiped Her Tears And Shrugged.

"I Can Try." She Said.

"That's All I'm Asking For. Now Wipe Those Tears Away And Show Me That Beautiful Smile." I Said. She Giggled As She Hugged Me Tight.

"I Love You Both So Much!" I Said, Pulling Savannah Into A Hug.

"We Love You Too!" They Said.