030

HARRY

It was raining when I got back.

"Can't wait to try these new makeup I got. I think I'd look good in sparkly eyeshadow and blush. What do you think One?" Agent Two adressed me with a bat of her lashes as we entered the facility, shrugging off our wet black coats and carelessly tossing them towards a few disgruntled security guards as we entered the wide corridors of the base.

I didn't say anything and continued to ignore her, irritated that Two always wanted to tag along with me to the outside everytime I left this closed up premise.

Her and I were the only two who could leave if ever we were needed on missions and Two made sure to take full advantage of that by buying as much irrelevant, ignorant, materialistic things she could waste her earnings on.

That being said, I had made sure to purchase myself a pack of cigarrettes since I was running low.

"You should really lighten up." Two insisted. She was still talking?

"For someone who can predict the future," I began, finally deciding to give her a few seconds of my attention before I took quicker strides while she tried to catch up.

"You should already know I couldn't give a fuck what anyone does." I finished, sending her one last side glare causing her to immediatly stop in her tracks, frozen under my irritated gaze before I left her there, wanting to be by myself.

There was this one corridor that was always quiet and never occupied.

It had one of the biggest and clearest windows that actually showed a real view of the outside of this facility and not just the brick walls and wires around this building.

It showed the vast sky and the horizon of neverending hillsides.

It showed of a world outside of this place.

I planned to take a smoke and stare out that window like I usually did on Mondays, already tucking a cigarrette between my pierced lips, dropping the pack back into my pocket and retrieving my lighter before I spotted the most annoying child in the world, pressing her face against the exact window I was scheduled to gaze out at making me stop.

Of course.

Three brought her head away from the glass that she was peering through when she felt my presence, turning and smiling when she spotted me down the empty hall before it quickly fell at the sight of the white rolled paper between my lips.

She gasped and covered her mouth with her hands, wide sad eyes staring into my dark soul as I sent her a look.

"Smoking is bad for you." She whispered as if I didn't know, framing her face with both of her hands on her cheeks in distress, blinking at me with a concerned frown as I furrowed my brows.

"Butting into people's business is bad for you." I countered in a monotone voice, making sure to light the cigarette  right in front of her, slowly inhaling and taking my time to exhale the smoke that drifted in front of my eyes causing her frown to deepen.

"Smoking can cause fatal diseases such as pneumonia, emphysema and lung cancer. It also causes 84% of deaths from lung cancer and 83% of deaths from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease." She babbled, worry still etched across her small face as I pocketed my lighter without a care, taking another drag and ignoring her as I stared out the window past her.

She noticed my lack of attention, making her lips press in a firm line before the little child actually stood up on the window sill, small arms spread wide out on her sides to block the view from me as my dark, agitated green eyes refocused on her.