014

Harry went over to the other side of the window and saved Liza while my grip on the lights loosened from the sweat of my palms as I slipped down, falling and watching Harry attempt to reach out for me as he brought Liza safely back into the window, screaming my name.

Of course that's what I expected what would happen.

But to my surprise, Harry did the exact opposite.

"Neonata! Hold on!" He ordered with a voice of concern, inching closer to my side without hesitation as I saw Liza's arms shake considerably with fatigue across from me.

"Alright that's cool! Just make sure after you save her it's me next!" Liza let out a forced, fearful laugh, her dangling body swaying slightly as the lights I was holding on to began to break from their hinges around the window by the second.

Harry couldn't save the both of us.

Liza's strength was quickly dwindling as it was while the lights I hung from were failing me.

With this limited time, the only way for both Liza and I to survive was for me to save us.

"Wait! You can't go on the ledge!" I glanced up at Harry who was already standing on the window sill, the wind blowing his chestnut brown waves of hair as he peered down at me with a tight jaw, observing the iced exterior in front of him with a frustrated expression.

"You have to cut the lights on my side!" I told him, raising my voice as the crowd of people from the window yelled their shouts of protest into the night air at my outrageous request while Harry sent me a look, probably questioning my sanity as well.

"What!? No that's the only thing keeping you from falling down further! No- the police will be here any second!" Liza spoke up in a panic, flailing her legs as I snapped my gaze to her.

"We don't have a second!" I called out to her with a firm voice before looking back up at Harry whose green eyes held a look of apprehension.

"Listen to me, you have to cut the lights on my side!" I repeated with more force behind my tone,

"No don't! I like living!" Liza screamed up at him, slipping slightly as Harry looked between the two of us with furrowed brows, an inner battle clearly raging in his head before more of my lights snapped off from the building, catching his attention before we locked eyes, my intense gaze boring through his as the cold wind blew around us.

"Trust me." I insisted in a more calm, serious voice while Liza began to freak out, my whole surroundings disappearing as I focused on Harry and he focused on me, drowning everything out and staring at me.

"Maybe we'd both be saved by now if you guys weren't having such a long ass conversation- ah!" Liza screamed, her grip slipping before Harry took his pocket knife out.

"You better know what you're doing neonata." Was the last thing he muttered before he slashed my side of the lights right as Liza lost her hold on the wires, plumetting down before I dropped, still holding on and swing across to her below the crowded window of alarmed guests like I was Tarzan, catching her and grabbing her by her waist as she immediatly clung to me, shrieking in my ear while my one hand that was still clutching onto the lights tightened as I aimed for the balcony we were nearing.

"Holy shitballs! Holy shitballs! Holy shitballs!" Liza frantically chanted underneath her breath, holding me tighter when our bodies swung and hovered over the railing, making me let go of the lights at just the right timing, causing us to drop and roll onto the balcony safely just like I had planned.

Liza and I tumbled to the floor, sprawled across the ground with our chests heaving up and down as I screwed my eyes shut at the adrupt impact before I heard the sound of people cheering in the distance.