Chapter One: A Normal Life

Mornings like the one that began that day were ones that I thought would end in the usual boring manner. I get up, pull on a housecoat, maybe a shirt if i'm feeling fancy, I get coffee, food, and a quick shower. Nothing special, nothing pretentious. The perfect level of monotony. After my
shower that day, I walked out of my cabin to admire the way the morning sunlight shone in through the trees of the forest. There was not a soul for miles, and that was perfectly fine with me. I looked down to stare at the cup of coffee in my hand, a simple but elegant blue that reminded me of the ocean that seemed so far from my oregon forest home. The steam rose from the mug, dancing like the world's most graceful ballerina, the amount of steam being amplified by the cold air around me. I shivered and tugged my housecoat closer to me, turning around to walk back into my wooden abode.
    I try not to use the internet too much. It's too much activity, too many people. Why would one move to nearly complete isolation just to use the internet to reconnect with the people they purposely left behind? I stepped into my room, having just realized that I, as a human being, would need food eventually, after seeing the empty cupboards and refrigerator that occupied my kitchen. I slid on my shoes and some clothes that I figured may make people not want to speak to me while thinking of what I would say if the situation of a conversation arose. What did people say normally? Hello, how are you? How about that weather? How is your family? What was the point of these meaningless conversations? What was the purpose of saying words that we know we don't mean? I didn't see the point of futile conversation, or fruitless relationships.