Animal (OneShot)-Lauren/You

Only one thing should be feared, The Animals.

It was late, too late for me to even be out but me being well... me I just had to go on a late  night snack run. I was on my way back home when I saw it, a person laying almost lifelessly on the ground, blood coming from a scratch on their arm. Without much thinking I rushed over to them, thinking they got into a fight with another person or something, I was far from right.

Once I reached the lifeless body I come to find that it was the body of a beautiful girl with raven colored hair, she had several other injuries but none measured up to the large gash that was bleeding on her arm.

I kneeled down next to her and place her head in my lap, inspecting her for any more injuries. I then checked the pulse to see if she was even alive, luckily she was. I lifted her limp body up off the ground and struggled to carry her to my house, which was only a few houses down. We reached my house and I set her down on the bench I had on my front porch, she let out a soft groan when I laid her down.

I stopped in my tracks and looked at her, worried that she'd wake up and freak out, luckily she didn't, she probably just woke up for a second before passing out again.

I quickly pulled out my house keys and unlocked the door, once I pushed the door open I walked back over the where the raven haired girl laid and picked her back up, carrying her into my house, kicking the door closed behind me.

I laid her down on my couch and went to go retrieve the little medical supplies I had, once I had that in hand I made my way back down to where the strange girl was.

She laid in the same position I had left her in, I crouched down in front of the couch she laid on, I held the small first aid kit in my hands. I opened it up and took out the gauze and rubbing alcohol, I began to clean up the large and small cuts that littered the young woman's body.

Once I had finished cleaning and bandaging up the girl I took a seat in the small arm chair to the right of the couch and waited for the young woman to wake up.

Around twenty minutes later I had fallen asleep but was quickly awoken to the sounds of someone making a groaning noise, I quickly shot up and my eyes landed on the raven haired girl who was now sitting up, looking at her arm with tears in her eyes, she was mumbling something I couldn't understand.

I moved in my seat to get a better look at her, my seat made a creaking noise causing her to jump in her place then looking over to where the noise came from, once her eyes landed on me they widened.

"Who are you?" The raven haired girl with what seems to be green eyes says.

"I'm Y/n and I just found you out in the street and couldn't leave you there" I explained, she looked down at her hands, fiddling with her ring.

"I'm Lauren but you'll regret helping me" She said in a whispered tone as she continued to fiddle with the ring on her finger.

"No I won't" I said, trying to reassure her.

"I was scratched" She whispered, my eyes widened and I knew that at the end of this I would be the one who would end up hurt.

You see there are these creatures that lurk in the dark, The Animals, and one scratch or bite from this breed of human will end badly for you, you have exactly a week before you change and once you change there's no going back.

The change is painful and a very sad process to watch. Each day something about you changes until you completely lose yourself and go mad, then all that's left is your body and a crazy mind.

"I won't let you go through this alone, no one should" I said in a soft tone, hoping it would calm her nerves.

"Okay" She said, I looked into her green eyes and just felt that she would change my life forever.