Puppy Love.

Ellen's POV:

I grab onto the roof handle tightly as Patrick rounds a corner going entirely too fast for my liking. Less than ten minutes in the car with him and I am almost regretting buying him this damned car.

"Patrick, slow down" I yell looking at him sternly my eyebrows knitting together tightly.

"El, I am not even going that fast" he laughs shooting me a wink and taking one hand off the wheel and placing it on my thigh.

"You are going twenty miles over the speed limit, pay attention to the road and use both hands" I chastise shoving his hand off my leg.

He does I ask slowing down, but only slightly. He turns the radio on, tinkering with the dials, it is obvious that he is pouting. He is gripping the steering wheel tightly and looking at the road so intently in a way that is almost passive aggressive.

I lean over the console pressing my lips lightly to his stubbly cheek and I feel his face break out into a smile. I pull back smiling at him as I reach for his right hand, pulling it from the wheel and threading my fingers with his. He smiles at me sweetly pulling our hands up and kissing the back of mine softly.

"How are you so damned perfect" I laugh looking at him in awe.

"I'm not" he laughs rolling his eyes.

"To me you are" I say flashing him a cheesy grin.

"I think you are perfect too" he says stroking my hand with his thumb.

There is so much that I want to tell him, I just want him to be able to see himself from my perspective.

"Take a left up at this light" is all I manage to get out and he does as I say.

We pull up to the house and he is about to get out when he stops turning to me and giving me a quizzical look, "Ellen, it is Christmas, wont we be interrupting their holiday?"

"She doesn't celebrate Christmas, I think she might be Jewish" I say but I am not 100% sure.

He just shrugs his shoulders getting out of the car and quickly coming over to my side to open my door.

"Patrick, I can open my own door" I laugh as he takes my hand.

"I am just being a gentleman" he smirks at me as he knocks on the front door.

The woman opens it right away, greeting us enthusiastically and offering us something to drink. She then leads us to the room where the puppies are and picks up the one that will eventually be going home with us. She tells us that we are welcome to stay if we like and to make ourselves at home and that we are welcome to take him outside to the yard to play with him. She then leaves us to get to know our new tiny ball of fluff.

Patrick's POV:

"Oh my god Patty look at him" Ellen coos as the dog flops over on his back in the green grass.

"What are we going to name him?" I ask smiling as she sits down beside him rubbing his exposed belly.

"He is technically your present, you pick" she says picking up the puppy and cuddling him.

"We both know that this is just as much a present for yourself as it is for me, we can decide on a name together" I smile sitting beside her.

I watch as the puppy happily licks Ellen's face his little tail wagging excitedly. He then looks over at me his tongue hanging out of the side of his mouth. It is almost like he knows that we are going to be his family. Ellen sets him down and he comes right over to me whining quietly until I begin to scratch behind his ears.

"I love him already" she smiles looking at me with the happiest expression on her face.

"I think we should name him something cool, like turbo" I say as he begins to run around the small yard.

She looks at me pulling a face "I think we should name him something cute"

"What do you have in mind?" I ask slightly scared for her answer.

"I think we should name him Noodles" she suggests and it is obvious that she has thought about this.

"Noodles the dog?" I laugh a little at the odd sounding name.

"Yes, Noodles Dempsey, has a nice ring to it" she smiles brightly her eyes following the dog around the yard.

"Now why does he have my last name and not the both of ours?" I inquire teasing her slightly.

"We could call him Noodles Pompeo-Dempsey if you want" she says her face glowing pink and I wonder if she had an actual reason for giving him my last name only.

"So, we are really naming him Noodles?" I laugh reaching to tug playfully at the ends of her hair.

"stop that" she pouts grabbing my hand "and yes, His name is Noodles, I have decided"

"Noodles, come here" I call and the puppy looks up from the ground he was sniffing and runs over to us his little legs moving at a million miles per hour.

"Look at how smart he is" Ellen giggles causing my heart to swell with happiness.

Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, and am so excited to be getting this puppy but honestly, I don't think my happiness holds a candle to how excited Ellen is right now. The way her eyes light up every time he wags his tail at her is enough to make me fall even deeper in love with her. She picks the puppy up again holding him like a baby, and it is obvious that she is completely in love with this dog.

"I don't think I have ever been more in love with you, than I am right now" I say sincerely and she looks at me her green eyes crinkling at the edges from the huge smile on her face.

She doesn't say anything, instead she leans over and kisses me, and honestly her kisses say more than her words ever could. She pours so much emotion into every loving glance and touch that I feel like she could never say another word for the rest of her life and yet she would still be able to communicate. Our kiss is interrupted by Noodles jumping around, running from her lap to mine and back causing us to break apart. We look at each other cheesy smiles plastered on our faces and I know this dog is exactly what we needed right now to complete our little family.

A/N: So the next chapter is going to be the start to their vacation, so I was just wondering what kind of activities you guys would like to see them do while traveling? let me know if you have any suggestions.