I thought that I was strong.

Ellen's POV:

I have been in this damned hospital for three whole days and they are finally letting me go home. Patrick has our bags in the car, all the paperwork is finished, and the doctor as already talked through all of the things we need to do in order to facilitate a full recovery. Just picturing Patrick's face when the doctor said no sex for another week give me the giggle. Patrick is now helping me put these stupid braces on.

"I hate these" I sigh as he buckles all the various straps.

"I know El, but as long as we listen to the doctor and do all the required physical therapy you wont need them too long." He reassures me looking at me fondly.

I grumble as he finishes and helps stand me up. I take a moment to stabilize myself before trying to shuffle forward. I quickly lose my balance but luckily he is there the hold me steady. I look at him thankful and we slowly head out to the car where unfortunately there are paparazzi waiting. If trying to me in these stupid things weren't hard enough its much harder with lights flashing in my face. We finally make it to Patrick's car, he shuts the door on me and then heads to the drivers side to get in.

"Can't they just give it a damn rest" he growls obviously upset.

I place my hand on his leg and smile up at him, and he instantly calms down. He starts the car and begins winding through the busy LA streets. I am not sure why but I was expecting him to take us to the lot but instead here we are in front of my house.

"Thanks for the ride" I grumble trying to get out of the car as fast as possible.

"Woah Ellen slow down!" he quickly gets out of the car to come help me inside.

"I think I got it from here" I forcefully tell him as he helps me to the couch.

"Ellie what's on your mind?" he asks concerned sitting beside me and brushing my blonde hair from my eyes.

"I don't need your help anymore. You can just drop me off here and leave." I sat being petty.

"Ellie, I was planning on staying, if that's okay with you?" he smiles softly at me his thumb stroking my cheek.

"You are staying?" I ask secretly happy.

"Of course I am staying! I have to take care of my girl don't I!" he winks leaning in to place a soft kiss on my cheek. "I am going to go grab out bags and put them in your room okay? don't move" he smiles getting up to grab our bags from the car.

I watch as he leaves the living room and I lean back against the couch content. All of a sudden I am feeling unbearably thirsty, I contemplate waiting for Patrick but I am sure I can get myself a glass of water. I'm not that helpless, so I stand up and shuffle my way into the kitchen. I open the cupboard only to find that I can barely reach a glass. I stretch and stretch until final my hand closes around the closes cup.

"Yes" I exclaim as I suddenly begin losing my balance.

I hit the ground, falling thankfully on the side of my body that has no broken ribs, however the glass has hit the ground too and it was not so lucky. I begin carefully trying to pick up the shard of glass accidentally nicking my fingers occasionally. Patrick comes rushing into the kitchen.

"Ellen" he chastises me helping me up and walking me back towards the couch.

"I'm fine Patrick" I grumble embarrassed as he looks my hands over. There is one decent sized gash right on the palm of one of my hands.

"No you are not, stay right her" he forcefully says as he leaves the room.

He comes back with the first aid kit that I keep in the downstairs bathroom and sits on the ottoman in front of the couch. He pulls out some gauze and some hydrogen peroxide.

"Let me see your hand Ellie" he says sweetly and I let him take my hand in his own.

"This is going to sting" he warns before pouring a little bit of the hydrogen peroxide on the rag and dabbing it against my wound.

"Paddy" I whine tears in my eyes.

"I know El, I know but its almost over." he reassures me placing clean gauze over it and wrapping it in a bandage.

"There good as new" he smiles leaning down and gently kissing my hand.

I look at his beautiful blue eyes and cant help but fall more and more in love with him, he is so sweet and so perfect to me, even when I am a jerk. I am truly blessed to be with this man.

"How did I get so lucky?" he muses looking at me adoringly.

"I was just thinking the same thing honestly" I laugh.

"Do you want to take a shower?" he asks me grinning.

"Patrick the Dr. said no sex for another week" I inform him seriously.

"El I know," he rolls his eyes " I am asking if you want to take a shower because I am assuming you will need a little help"

"Don't patronize me" I grumble shoving him away and trying to stand up on my own.

"Ellen," he sighs standing up with me.

"No! don't start with me, you don't have any idea how hard this is for me. I thought that I was strong." I turn to him fresh tears in my eyes.

"You are strong Ellen" he reassures me wrapping his arms around me. "you are the strongest woman I know, but even strong people need a little help sometime. Let me help you ellie."

I don't know if it was the tone of his voice or the use of the affectionate nickname but I consent.

"Will you help me shower?" I ask him softly, almost embarrassed.

"Yeah I will, plus you need one" he jokes making a face and pinching his nose.

"Patrick Galen Dempsey! you don't have the right to make fun of  me!" I laugh smacking him gently on the chest.

"I thought we just needed a little laugh" he earnestly says helping me slowly up the stairs and in to the bathroom.

He sits me down on the toilet seat and begins taking off my braces. As much as they help me walk that are pretty darn uncomfortable so it feels nice to have them off. He then helps unbutton my shirt, seeing as though the pain in my ribs prevents me from doing it myself. He removes the rest of my clothes and then helps me to the shower where he has a stool set up for me. I watch as he removes his clothes before stepping into the shower with me. He turns on the shower head and adjust the temperature to a comfortable heat.

"I promise to be gentle" he whisper looking at me gently  before soaping up a loofa and gently running it across my skin.

Patrick is a gentle man, but this is a whole new kind of gentleness that I have never seen. He is careful to make sure he never presses to hard as he soaps up my entire body, even behind my ears. He then goes to wash my hair, whispering sweet things into my ear as he does so. After he is finished he wraps me in a big white fluffy towel and takes my to the bedroom.

He sets me on the bed and I smile as he pulls on a pair of pjs and gets out a pair for me. He dresses me in a long nightgown, so that way it would be easy if I had to use the bathroom later. I watch as he runs into the bathroom and comes out with my hair brush.

"Patrick, I can brush my own hair" I laugh raising my good hand.

"I know, but I want too" he smiles crawling on the bed behind.

He gingerly begins brushing my hair and I cant help but smile larger than life. He brushes my hair until it is knot free and then he tucks us both into bed. I am laying on my good said and he is laid facing me. His warm breath washes over my lips and I cant help but want to kiss him. He gently smoothes my still wet hair out of my face and just gazes into my eyes.

"I know the doctor said no sex but will you please kiss me" I giggle.

"of course" he laughs in surprise before leaning in to claim my lips with his.

I swear his lips are like a drug to me, I find myself melting every time he touches his to mine. I don't know much of anything. Will I ever walk again? Will me and Patrick work out? I don't know anything for sure. But I do know that I never want to lose this feeling.