Choking

The next day we decide to go hunting again, and Elijah comes with us. "Bella," He warns as we get out of the car. "If you see the Cullens, just walk away, you don't have to speak to them. And don't kill so many people." 

"Okay," I reply, giving Klaus a quick kiss on the cheek before walking away from them and finding a group of people that won't be missed. 

The blood lust takes over, and before I know it I'm killing all thirteen people, but the last person's blood tastes sour, wrong. It gets caught in my throat and I end up choking on it as I drop the person's body to the ground. I scream out as I continue to choke, and end up vomitting up all the blood in my system. 

Elijah and Klaus come running. "What's happening to me?" I gasp, and they just look alarmed. In the end Elijah picks me up and runs to the car, laying me in the back seat and jumping in the passenger seat with Klaus driving. 

When we get home Elijah runs up with the stairs with me in his arms, gently lying me onto Klaus's bed. Blood runs from my mouth down my cheeks and chin, and it isn't long before I black out. 

***

"What happened?" I splutter out as I wake, looking over to find Klaus sitting next to me. 

"That's what we'd like to know," Nik answers gravely. 

Rebekah comes running in. "I just went to the grill!" She exclaims. "There are people there, without heartbeats. There were four of them, two blondes, a tiny girl, and a huge dark haired guy." 

"Rosalie, Jasper, Alice and Emmett," I clarify. "Four of the Cullen kids." 

"What are they doing here?" Klaus growls. "How dare they come here after you left them?!" 

"Calm down, love," I urge. "They probably just want to make sure I'm safe. I did ask Carlisle and Esme to stay in touch." 

"Yes, that means by phone or by letters, not following you when you've been home barely a day," Rebekah agrees with Nik. 

"Calm down," I repeat, tiredness clouding my eyes. "We'll deal with it in the morning."