The War(And Hiatus Update)

May 4, 2012. Time: 9:32

~
Steve brushed past her, nodding to Natasha. "Time to go."

She frowned, her hand sliding toward Clint's shoulder. "Go where?"

"I'll tell you on the way. Can you fly one of those jets?"

"I can."

Hela turned to look at Clint, who groaned as he propped himself up on his elbow. Steve and Natasha shared a glance. "You got a suit?"

"Yeah."

"Then suit up."

Hela ran. Her blood pumped and her heart raced to fill her limbs with oxygen. Sliding down the corridor, she made it inside the hangar.

"Hey, hey. You guys aren't authorized to be in here."

"Son- just don't."

Hela spun around, searching for the brown-haired guy. She spotted him, rolling her eyes. It's obvious that they would take this one- it's in the middle of the pathway and has the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo near it.

Of course they need to make a dramatic entrance.

Hela strode toward the quinjet. Always look like you have a purpose. That will get you anywhere- into fancy restaurants, fancy parties, quinjets...

She stepped into the quinjet and, without a sound, slid into the corner, scrunched up. The cargo netting covered her up neatly, but it wouldn't be hard to spot her. She tuned her earpiece to the channel.

"Hey, hey. You guys aren't authorized to be in here." The mechanic stood up to meet three menacing figures.

"Son- just don't."

The mechanic's footsteps proceeded to quickly gather his tools and three more pairs of feet shuffled in. Hela squished closer to the floor. Natasha and Steve passed by without so much as a glance. Clint stopped, glared at her and rolled his eyes.

The nerve, she thought.

"Here's your dagger, Green-Eyes. We knew you'd be coming," he as he fiddled with his quiver with one hand, tossing her the dagger with the other.

"Thanks Pidgeon," Hela whispered, catching the dagger. The quinjet took off smoothly and raced out into the open air.

She sneezed.

"Hela, just take a seat already. You're in so much trouble when we get back, and you're not helping us fight them. You're going to stay in here until we come back," Natasha called over the co-pilot's seat. Steve's head shot over to Hela, who stood up to shake the numbness out of her legs.

"Hela!"

"Wow, you just noticed me?"

"Seriously, Hela?"

"I'm never serious."

"You are so grounded."

"You're not even my dad!"

"Oh please, I'm everyone's dad. I'm the ultimate dad friend."

"Even Nick?"

"Excluding Nick; he's like the angry grandpa."

"Fair enough, Spangles."

Natasha shook her head. "This sounds like a conversation between Tony and Hela, not you, Steve!"

Steve shrugged, then pointed to Hela, who was buckling into the seat next to him. "You're still grounded."

"How am I grounded when we're flying?"

Steve grimaced and turned back around.

"Speaking of which," Hela continued, "can these things fly?"

Clint answered. "Possibly. And it's a very high possibly."

"And you expect to take them on? There's a whole army of Chi- them," Hela stumbled, "and you're going to head butt them with five of us; seven if Thor and Bruce are back?"

"No, we're going to attack them with six of us. You are staying out of it," Natasha shot as the quinjet veered to the left. The adults(or as close as Clint could be to an adult) shared a glance with each other.

The Quinjet cruised smoothly as they reached the heart of the city, where pillars of smoke were tumbling into the sky. Flames of orange-white fire burned as sickly-looking aliens wreaked havoc. Children ran about, looking for their parents. Mothers grabbing babies, fathers scooping up whatever kid they could reach and leaping over debris. Buses tumbled over. Person after person after person helped get the injured or ill out of buildings and vehicles.

It was chaos.

~~~~~

Hey all! Its July 18th(I think), 2020.

I.. *wow*! Has it been a long ride. I started this fanfic sometime back in my early 6th grade—I'm gonna be a senior in highschool this year!

As you all know, this last updated,,, YEARS ago(also happy 2020 yall), with the promise of more updates. But uh,,, yeah. Yeah, I'm... I'm not updating this anymore lol.

As much as I love this trope, coming back to edit all of this when I've learned so much more is kinda depressing? But I've fallen out of love for this fic(which happened YEARS ago), and I promised to get back into the swing of things(I never did). So... this was what was *going* to be the latest chapter. I still have my notebook full of plot points and I deadass wrote the ENTIRE Avengers 2012 movie script down so I could reference it. Like, no joke, the entire script. The plot isn't very,,, worthwhile, I guess. It kinda breaks my heart to say that I don't want to continue writing my oldest fic but,,, sometimes you gotta move on!

I might end up editing the chapters sometime? Maybe not? Honestly this thing deserves a full rewrite, the pacing is HORRENDOUS lol. I'm betting 20 bucks that I never end up editing these chapters lmao.

Thank you all for the continued likes and comments on this story, it means so much to me knowing that somewhere out there, y'all still care for this!! I still can't believe this fic got over a thousand views—wild!

If any of you would like to hear the plot points(as terrible as they may be) please let me know and I'll write them up here!

As for everything else, you can find me on Tumblr or AO3 as SlipScout. Thank you all again, and (hopefully) I'll see you all soon! Bye!💛

—xXSkyyFoxXx

(wow its been forever since I've used that name)