CHAPTER TEN: Fabulous interruptions

"No one is going to walk in," I wrap my arms around his upright body. My fingers tickle his chest and I feel him shiver. He turns in my grasp. His hand brushes my cheek as I yawn. He lies next to me and I move so I'm on top of his chest. I trace patterns along his stomach and he plays with my hair. There is more banging outside when suddenly the door bursts open. Troy and the tall confident freshman Delta, who I now know as Jasmine, are standing in the doorway. Eddie again sits bolts upright pulling me with him to cover the fact he is sitting in his boxers, he doesn't seem to mind that I'm only wearing a bra.

Nice one...

"Samantha." Jasmine stutters.

"Jasmine, Troy." I say.

"What the hell are you doing man?" Eddie asks Troy angrily.

"Well I ... the door."

"Was locked." Eddie interrupts

"Well Jack and... well..."

"Its ok Troy, you and Jasmine go ... have fun." I say.

"Ah ok Sam. Um yeah... we're just gonna... ok."

The two walk out of the room pulling the door shut as they leave. I lay back down on the bed pulling Eddie down beside me. The two of us lie in silence Eddie keeps his arm wrapped around me.

"Sorry."

"All good," is the last thing I say before I wake up the next morning.

The next six weeks fly passed. I spend my nights with Eddie, my weekends with Eddie, Jason, Lynda and Katherine, my time in the Delta house with my new friend Jasmine and all my other free days working at one of the campus coffee shops. Before I know it it's November with mid semester exams around the corner. Every student on campus is hyped up about Thanksgiving break. Having nothing planned for my seven day holiday I knuckle down and begin studying for my exams and cut back my hours at the café. 

Knowing I am stressing about exams Eddie gives me as much alone time as I need leading up to exams. However a week before the end of semester as I'm finishing my last assignment and studying for my last exam Jasmine, who is my real friend in the Delta house lets herself into my room.

"Hey Sam." She says as she sits down on my bed. I don't even look up.

"Hey Jaz, what can I do for you?"

"Well nothing but these were outside with your name on them," she hands me a bouquet of six long stemmed roses, "and there is a strapping young man waiting for you outside."

"What?" I turn to look at her.

"Well Eddie..."

"Damn."

"What is it?"

"I have an exam to study for. Just cause he's finished. Can you ask him to come up Jaz?"

That boy is just going to be a distraction. An incredibly hot distraction...

"Sure." She smiles and leaves my room in a flash. I walk over to my window and I can see Eddie sitting on the Delta doorstep. Jasmine goes out, the two talk for a few seconds before walking inside. I go back to my desk as someone knocks at my door.

"Come in if your handsome." I say and I hear Jasmine giggle as Eddie opens the door.

"Thanks Jaz." Eddie shut the door behind him and walks over and sits on my desk.

"No, no, no. I have assignments and an exam to study for. You can stay here but no distracting me."

"But..."