CHAPTER FIVE: Fabulous Room 206

"No babe, the '2' means the second level and the '06' is your room number. Come on I'll show you."

He grabs my hand and begins to drag me up the stairs. We reach a line of pink doors. Eddie stops in front of the one that has 206 in big brass numbers on it. He takes my key and unlocks the door. The door swings open to reveal a room twice the size of my old room with a four-poster bed. The room's colour scheme is light purple and pale green with pale purple flowers painted all over the walls. Eddie shuts the door and I notice that the back of the door is covered in posters of the Bears. My two suitcases are sitting at the bottom of my bed and the boxes are in the corner. I pick up one of my suitcase and put it on the bed, it is lighter than normal. I open it and find it empty. Eddie opens the door on my left revealing a huge wardrobe with all my clothes pressed and hanging.

"They don't muck around do they?" I say and Eddie laughs.

"You have more clothes than stuff." Eddie comments pointing at the three boxes in the corner of the room. I move my empty suitcases to the top shelf in my wardrobe with Eddie's help because I'm too short to reach on my own.

"My parents said they'd send some of my other stuff when I got settled in. I think they are hoping I'll come home. But this room is definitely big enough for my drum kit and my other guitars and maybe even a desk." I look around the room finding nothing that even remotely resembles a desk, "Do these girls not study?" Eddie just laughs and lifts the first box on to my bed. The box reads: 'Sam's books and photos.'

I open the lid. There are my books. I unload my Harry Potter books, the Twilight Series and a few of crime books and place them in what I think should be a bookshelf. Once the books are gone, photo frames are revealed. Eddie pulls out the one on the top. It is a picture of an old Queenslander style house in front of it I'm standing with my parents, my grandparents, my aunt and my cousin.

"That is on my grandparent's farm."

"Uh huh." He places the photo on my bed and gets out the next. This frame is bigger. On the top on the frame it says 'Class of 2016' There are several photos in this frame all display some part of my high school life.

"These are your friends from back home?"

"Yeah."

"Do you miss them?"

"A little but I guess that is what facebook is for right?"

"Mmm." Eddie's finger rests on one picture of me, kissing the boy in the photo with me, "your Ex?"

"Yeah that is Andrew."

"What's he doing now?"

"Law, he is at the University of Queensland. I haven't spoken to him in six months... Sorry I'll stop talking about it."

"It's all right, go on."

"Well as you can see from those photos, in high school I was pretty popular. I was pretty much exactly like Carly treading on people to get to the top. But in the last two days everything has changed. Yesterday when I first saw Lynda I criticised her in my head, her clothes, hair colour. But she is probably the truest friend I have here. I'm happy about how America has changed me but this place, those girls, I realise it really isn't me anymore."

"We can buy you a desk tomorrow."

"It isn't that," I laugh "from watching Carly and Mark they don't seem happy they seem like they were placed together pressured into going out. I know that feeling that's what it was like for me and Andy except I knew he was cheating on me and I chose to ignore it."

Eddie simply stares at me, "I told you he was crazy. Stupid, to cheat on you what an idiot!"

"This whole fraternity, sorority thing is so high school all over again."