Performances And Sensuality

Start from the beginning

The sound of a throat being cleared brought them to their senses. Barry introduced Oliver to the room at large as, "As was apparent from my rather enthusiastic greeting, this is my partner, Oliver Queen."

After a few minutes of idle talk, during which Barry introduced a select few of his friends, Oliver lifted a questioning eyebrow at Barry and tilted his head towards the outside. Barry nodded.

"So, I'll see you all tomorrow. Just text me the timings and I'll be there. On time. Relatively." Barry gave a sheepish smile as laughter rang out when everyone remembered his atrocious sense of punctuality.

"But, you haven't even performed a song yet!" Thad exclaimed.

A chorus of agreement sounded.

Barry hesitated. "Uh, maybe tomorrow? I haven't actually practised in ages, you know."

Unknown to Barry, Kurt raised an eyebrow at Santana. Santana smirked back, her expression filled with glee. As Kurt went over to the side of the room with the instruments, Santana walked towards Barry and called out, "Come on, Smythe. A duel, for old time's sake."

Barry narrowed his eyes at her. Oliver placed his arm on his shoulder, and when Barry turned to look at him, gave him a reassuring wink. He then stepped back with Jeff and Nick.

It seemed like everyone in the room was holding their breath. Tension ratcheted up as both Santana and Barry locked gazes and held it. It was well known that the both of them had never gotten along while in school. And though they hadn't exactly acted like mortal enemies on meeting each other that day, the others were still wary around them.

Barry snapped his head to the side as the hauntingly familiar tune of Smooth Criminal, on cello, filled the air. Beside the two cello players, Kurt was standing, giving Barry a thumbs-up.

The next thing anyone knew, Barry's smooth voice was ringing out, belting the lyrics, and Santana's voice joined his in perfect harmony. Both their tenors, perfectly complimenting the other, vibrated to every end of the room, mesmerising their listeners, capturing their attention with ease.

Oliver watched, captivated, as both Barry and Santana put on a show, spinning around each other with light steps, coming close to touching the other, close enough to feel the other's breath, but never actually touching. They were like two satellites caught in the other's pull, forever circling the other but never making contact. It was clear to Oliver, on seeing how Barry's face lit up, excitement and joy expressed clearly on his face, just how much Barry enjoyed performing. There was something very real, very raw, in the performance that Oliver felt as though he was in very close proximity to a live wire.

As the song wound to an end, deafening applause sounded, almost threatening to bring the roof down upon them. Barry and Santana grinned at each other, adrenaline buzzing through their veins. A few (most of them, really) of the men shifted uncomfortably, their breathing heavy, heartbeats accelerated and their pupils dilated.

Kurt walked up to them, a wide grin etched on his face.

"I listened to that tape of your duel," he explained preemptively. "I always knew that both of you," he gestured to Barry and Santana, "had amazing talent. But that tape proved just how explosive your chemistry on stage really was."

Barry laughed as Santana smirked. He then turned to look at Oliver who had been quiet. Noticing the look on Oliver's face, Barry's eyes widened and he swallowed around a suddenly dry throat.

"Anyway, you got your performance," Barry announced, catching Oliver by his hand. "Now, we really need to be on our way. Text me the details. Bye!"

Uncaring or not noticing the wolfish smile on Jeff's face and the sly wink that Nick threw at him, Barry dragged a non-resisting Oliver outside, towards Oliver's bike.

Oliver did not speak as he kick-started his bike and accelerated it, Barry sitting behind him, his front moulded to Oliver's back, his arms holding on to the either sides of his leather jacket. Oliver screeched his bike to a halt in an alleyway, a few streets over.

Having barely gotten down from the bike, Barry was pushed roughly so that his back was to the wall, Oliver's hands clutching at the lapels of Barry's coat. Before he could take in a full breath, Oliver's mouth crashed onto his, like a strong wave crashing on the rocks. Barry gasped, his hands coming up to hold Oliver's shoulders tightly. Oliver plundered his mouth, one hand sneaking into Barry's hair, holding his head by the base of his neck.

"Do you," Oliver gasped out, licking into Barry's mouth like a man possessed. "Do you have any idea just how utterly hot you looked?"

Barry looked wrecked, mouth open as he breathed harshly, his lips swollen and shiny, his cheeks flushed a dark red. His pupils were blown wide.

"Oliver," was the only thing Barry appeared to be capable of saying in a voice that broke constantly.

Oliver dragged his mouth over Barry's throat, licking, nipping and sucking marks, all the while whispering praise and appreciation into Barry's skin. Barry got hold of Oliver's hair and dragged his face back up to his, mouth catching mouth, tongues entangling with each other, both breathing into the other's mouth, unable to let go for even a short moment.

"Gods, Barry," whispered Oliver, in a hoarse voice. "You are amazing and I adore you."

Barry's breath hitched. No matter how many times Oliver tells him how he feels about Barry, Barry's heart stuttered every single time.

Holding Oliver's face in his hands, Barry pressed deep, yet gentle, kisses on his mouth, spelling out his own love and adoration in every movement.

"Let's go home, Oliver," Barry said, softly.

Oliver nodded, his gaze locking with Barry's, everything unspoken passing between them like lightning.

Home, then.

***

A/N: Sorry for the late update. My mind dried up :/

How was the chapter? Was it awkward or cringe-worthy? Should I bury my head in the sand?

If you find any mistakes (including any related to the music-related phrases/words) , please let me know.

Also, Sebastian and Santana's performance of Smooth Criminal in Glee was a major inspiration for me to write this fic. So, naturally, I had to include it in the story.

If there's anything in particular you want to see, let me know and I'll try to incorporate it into the story. I really do need ideas, though. The story doesn't seem to be going anywhere. At least, that's what I feel.

Votes and comments are so much appreciated.