Running From The Past

It had been a relatively quiet day in both Central and Starling Cities. So, Barry Allen, aka The Flash had taken the opportunity to visit his partner ("We're not teenagers, Barry, to call ourselves boyfriends."), Oliver Queen, aka The Arrow, in Starling City.

Currently, he was in the Arrow Cave watching Oliver train with John Diggle.

Barry was intensely looking at the pair of them, though the majority of his focus was concentrated on his partner. And why wouldn't it be?

The way his muscles flexed, and the sweat droplets gliding across the skin, his hair mussed up with the tips dripping wet...

Barry licked his dry lips, and tried to keep from fidgeting. It wasn't his fault. Any red-blooded individual would be in the same position if they were watching the shirtless Adonis that was his lover.

Oliver caught Barry's eyes for a moment. And the smile that appeared on his face, small but so bright, lighting up his eyes, made Barry's breath catch.

Barry beamed back at him, with a goofy smile.

Seriously, the amount of affection and fondness he felt for the other man never ceased to amaze him. Heck, he had never felt this way about Iris. He didn't even know it was possible to feel this way.

"Hey," a voice interrupted his admittedly sappy thoughts.

Barry looked at Felicity Smoak, someone who had fallen hopelessly for Oliver too.

Barry smiled at his friend.

"Hey, Felicity."

He moved a bit to give her space should she want to sit with him. And she did.

They both were silent watching Oliver and Diggle mock-fighting.

"Did you know, Oliver only acts that way around you?" Felicity asked.

"In what way?" Barry was confused and it showed in his tone.

"Oliver, he has lots of masks. Personas, if you will."

Barry nodded. He had indeed noticed.

Felicity turned to him.

"He doesn't use any of it with you. He doesn't try to hide himself away or put on a mask with you." Her voice was wistful, if a bit sad.

She gave a warm smile.

"I'm happy for both of you. He needs someone he can be himself with."

Barry couldn't find anything to reply to that. So, he just nodded and smiled back, hoping that it'll suffice. She seemed to accept it since she left him alone to tinker with computers again.

Barry, on the other hand, felt a wave of shame crash on him. At least Oliver tried to be honest with him. But, Barry? He'd rather bury his past and forget about it.

Barry was so deeply in his self-loathing thoughts that he didn't notice Oliver glancing at him in concern.

***

"So, what's wrong?"

Felicity and Diggle had left earlier, leaving Barry and Oliver alone in the Arrow Cave.

"Hm? What?" Barry asked, confused.

Oliver walked towards him slowly, stopping in front of him.

"When I was training, you looked worried," rumbled Oliver, looking deeply into Barry's eyes. "After Felicity talked to you."

Barry understood, but he was still reluctant to talk about it.

Barry leaned up to kiss Oliver softly, nipping at his lips. Oliver grasped his hips and pulled him closer, deepening the kiss.