Chapter 19: Process

Laurens P.O.V

Hunter kissed me.

He kissed.

Me.

I would be lying if I said my heart didn't flutter and fly away.

After the kiss, we just stared at each other.

"Why did you do that?" I whispered

He smirked "to get you to stop talking."

"Evil, scary gang leader, kisses nice, and sweet doctor. This ladies and gentlemen, is the start of the Apocalypse" matt joked. I turned around to find everyone watching us. Just two of them I didn't know.

"Who's she?" Ones guy comments.

"Oh.. Uh, Lauren. That's Chris, he is also part of the gang.."

"Ahem!" One guy coughs

"Oh, and that's Leon." Hunter finishes. Leon smiles and waves. Chris just stares at me then walks away.

|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|

"Lauren!!!!" Matt yells

"What!" I said

"Come heeeerrere!"

"Ugh!" I groan and stomp down stairs.

"What do you want?!" I growl

"Let's play a board game!"

"Uh, why?"

"Cause we are besties!"

Dude

"We are?"

"Yes! Now, come on!" He grabs my hand and pulls me into the living room.

I fell for his stupid trick

I found all the physco gang members sitting on the couch, hunter left me with those idiots, just so he could check files!

"Seriously?! Tricking me!? I'm so gonna kill you!" I was about to punch matt but Jack grabbed my arm back.

"Calm down sweet cheeks. We just needed to talk to you." Jack said. I huff and pull my arm to my side.

"About?" I said

"Here's the deal, hunter is not one to bring home a girl, OK scratch that, he isn't one to have one move in. " Jack explained

"That's my problem how?"

"We can tell hunter really likes you." Matt says

I felt my cheeks flush

"Why are we talking about this!? This is so... WEIRD!!" I shivered in disgust.

"Because, when hunter likes someone. They never stay. They run out once they find out he has.. A gang. But, your still here" Eric answers.

"I'm still here cause I'm not a little bitch. I can handle pain and I can kick its ass in the end."

"Your confidence is going to get you killed." Eric said

"How?"

"Cause that's how his parents got killed." Jack said bluntly

I took a double take and gasped

"What..?"

"Ya, look, hunters dad had ownership of the gang John now handles with. Hunters father didn't want hunter to be in this lifestyle. But that wasn't something you could exactly stop. Once his father died. It passed on to hunter. His mom had no idea about the gang. Until she found some things she wasn't supposed too. John killed his mother." Jack explained. My eyes widened and I almost stumbled back.

"SO YOUR TELLING ME THAT THE PERSON WHO TOOK ME IN, KILLED SOMEONE!?" I was on the brink of tears. They all just nodded. I took a seat and stuffed my face in my palms. Quietly sobbing. I felt someone sit beside me and rub my back.

"And to think.. Gangsters are soft.." I said quietly. I heard Matt chuckle.

After 20 minutes of processing my life and the lies, I confronted the guys again.

"Thank you. For telling me. But, I don't plan on walking out on hunter. He is my friend. Although I never had friends, he is still my friend and that'd important. For some levels. " I shrugged

"Its OK." Jack said "and I'm sorry for what I did to you the other night Lauren."

I smiled " its alright."

"You really scared me when you pulled my arm." Jack said.

I laughed slightly "I could tell."

"WE ARE ALL BEST FRIENDS!!" Matt yells

"No we aren't" Eric retorted.

"Oh look, Mr stubborn ass" I remarked

"Coming from you"

"What's your deal?"

"You threw a shoe at me!"

"Be lucky it wasn't a knife!"

"It still hurt!"

"JUST SHUT UP AND MAKE UP LIKE DAMNIT" matt yelled.

Boy what is my life anymore