61 Lunch And Dinner

Start from the beginning

"Just an old friend." Dylan answered him with a smile.

"Are you going to meet him again?"

"Yes,we stopped seeing each other for a while and now we're going to meet again."

"Why did you stop seeing each other?"

"Adam what did I say about exessive questions?" Claire warned her son.

"Sorry." he mumbled.

Claire shook her head slightly and then we continued to eat passing around conversations and laughing. So Dylan is going to meet Luca and talk to him. I wonder how it will go.

***

Claire's POV:

"Morning,doc." Luca cheered as I walked in the hallway.

"Goodmorning." I greeted dryly. I was hoping that Monday won't be such a pain in the ass but I forgot that I have Luca working with me.

"Seems like you're having a bad day,you know what can make it better?"

"You leaving me alone." I answered tiredly.

"Nope," he just doesn't take the hint. "A knock-knock joke." Oh God please no.

"Luca I really don't have time for this."

"Knock-knock." and he's going to say it anyway.

"Leave me alone."

"Come on it's fun. One joke I promise."

I sighed. "Fine."

"Knock-knock."

"Who's there?"

"Cow."

"Cow who?" I crossed my hands and rolled my eyes.

"Cows don't hoo,cow's moo." he started to chuckle. I looked at him as he did repeating the joke in my head.

"I can't believe you're allowed to vote." I said and then walked to my office. When I sat the chair I stopped for a moment and repeated the punchline in my head,one more time.

Cows don't hoo,cows moo.

"Cows." I mumbled and shook my head as I opened my laptop. I let out a small chuckle and smiled. Wait what is wrong with me? I shouldn't laugh at his lame jokes! No,Claire get a grip!

***

Mr Gabe is going to do just fine," I assured the worried wife. "His surgery was successful."

"Thank you doctor. I can't thank you enough."

"Don't thank me,I was only doing my job."

"Still,thank you."

I smiled at her and then walked away.

"Nice work in the surgery." Luca popped out of no where.

"Thank you. You did a pretty good job,yourself."

"Really?!"

"I said good,not great."

"Hearing good from you,is an achievement for me."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

"So have you talk to Dylan for me?" Luca's eyes were filled with hope.

"Yes."

"And what did he say?"

"He agreed on seeing you."