60 A Long Night Shift

I woke up and found Dylan next to me. I smiled as I looked at him while he was sleeping,he was calm and peaceful. I kissed his cheek,gently and then got up and left the bedroom. I went to the livingroom and looked at the mess that was on the coffee table.

I threw the bottles of wine and washed the cups of glass. I passed by a hanged clock and my eyes grew wider as I read the time. Three thirty pm. I instantly thought if Claire is worried now but maybe she hadn't noticed my absence in the morning.

I searched for a phone I can use to call her. I found a telephone in the living and dialed her number but I got transformed to a voice mail so I dialed the hospital's number.

"The Caring Hands Hospital." a man answered.

"Hi,can I speak with doctor Claire Houston?" I asked politely.
"Please hold."

I waited for a moment until someone spoke again.

"Hello?"

"Hey Claire,it's Angy."

"Hey Angy,why are you calling? Something wrong?"

"No,I just want to tell you that I'm not at home and my phone isn't with me,so don't worry."

"From where are you calling me then?"

"Long story,just don't worry."

"Angy,is there something I should now?"

"No,no,I told you not to worry."

"Okay,I have to go back to work,call me if you need anything."

"Okay,bye."

"Bye."

I looked around the room. What to do now. I decided to go to the library Dylan made for me. It took me a while to find it but eventually I did.

Scanning through the bookshelves,I picked a book and began to read it. I don't know how much time passed before Dylan walked in.

"I figured you'd be here." he spoke,gently.

I looked up for the book and smiled at him. "What time is it?"

He looked at his watch. "Almost five."

"It's getting late. I should go." I walked and put the book back to it's place. Two hands wrapped my waist and pulled me closer while a kiss was planted on my neck.

"Can't you stay a bit longer?" Dylan's breath hit my neck making my heart skip a beat.

"I'd love to,but I should go," I turned around in his arms to face him. "I'll call you." and I pecked his lips.

Dylan walked me out. I hopped in my car and drove back home.

Claire's POV:

"Bye." I finished my phone call with Angy.

"Hey doc." Luca walked in.

"There's something called knocking,Luca." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Oh sorry it won't happen again."

"It better not." I muttered and went back to finishing a report.
"I just want to remind you about your night shift tonight."
"Okay,anything else?"

"Not at all."

"You can go now,then."

"Actually,there's something I want to ask you?"

"Yes?"

"Do you know Dylan?"

"What do you want from him?"

Devil May Cry ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara