Things would be a lot easier if people just said what was on their mind.

*Luke's POV*

"I like that one." I nodded when Brooke came out of the dressing room with her bikini on for me to see. She wanted a new one for the party tonight and dragged me along for someone's opinion.

"I don't know...it kind of makes me look like a clown." She said as she examined herself in the mirror.

"Then find another one." I mumbled as I took out my phone. We've been in this store for three hours now. Avery would've never had me siting through shit like this. Now that I think about it, why didn't she invite her?

"Am I boring you?" She asked.

Yeah.

"Oh, no." I shook my head. "I just think it would've been much better if you invited a girl friend, like Avery. How come you didn't ask her to accompany you anyway?"

"Because I don't wanna hang out with Avery." She snapped. Her sudden change in tone caught me by surprise and she seemed to notice 'cause she came over to me and took a seat on my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck. "I didn't mean to come off like that, I'm sorry."

"It's okay." I nodded.

"It wasn't and to make it up to you, how about I buy us sundaes?" She smiled and raised an eyebrow.

"I'd like that." I smiled. She tilted my head up and softly kissed me before climbing off my lap and going to put her clothes back on.

Her little outburst really caught me off guard. I would've never thought she'd speak in that tone about Avery, they're friends. What could she possibly have against her?

And this little instance reminds me of yesterday at band practice. When Avery and Ash came up, I noticed Brooke looking at her in a not so kind way. I locked eyes with Avery for a second, to see if I could maybe read what was going on in her mind, before she looked down. From what I did see, she looked a little hurt and her great boyfriend didn't even pick up on it.

I made a mental note to talk to her about it later and Brooke came out.

"Okay, I'm ready." She stated. I got up as she hung the rejected bathing suits on the rack and we left. "Hey," she gave my hand a little squeeze, "I love you."

"I love you, too." I said, kissing the side of her head as we walked.

Well at least I'm trying to.

-

A few hours later, we arrived at the beach. It was crowded with people dancing, swimming, drinking, and playing games. We got out and set out to find everyone else.

"There they are." Brooke pointed after a few minutes of walking. We jogged over to them and they smiled, greeting us.

"Where's Avery?" I asked. I felt Brooke tense up beside me but I decided to ignore it. I really wanted to talk to her before too much got in the way.

"She went to find a bathroom, if you must know." Ashton said. He sounded like he was still a little upset from when I had my arms around her yesterday. At least Brooke didn't know about that, though, or she may have more than a little outburst.

"Well let's not waste our time just standing around, let's do something." Brooke tugged on my arm.

"How about you stay here and I'll go get us all some drinks, yeah?" I asked as I detached myself from her. Before I really got an answer from any of them, I walked off to find the nearest bar.