Fifteen

Steve's POV:
Everyone spread out, some taking the helicopter back to the tower, and some taking the Quin Jet back. Needless to say that (Y/N) stayed as far away as possible from Bucky.

I felt bad for my old friend. He kept stealing glances at her on the way out of Wakanda, some of them sad, but most of them a bit scared. I'm not sure what he's scared of, I mean, he's the one who traumatized her, right?

Bucky and I sat in the jet with Wanda, Clint, and T'Challa, while (Y/N), Natasha, and Tony rode in the helicopter.

"Thank you Steve." Bucky's soft voice sounded from the seat next to me, breaking the slightly uncomfortable silence.

"Yeah, sure Buck. Anything for my best friend." Bucky heaved a sad sigh.

"But after all the trouble I caused you? Am I really worth this?" My heart ached at his words. I remember the man he was, the happy, funny, ladies man.

"Buck, that wasn't you. That was Hydra. And even if it was you, I would find a way to help you." Clint glared at me, obviously upset with the fact that I was making this into a cheesy moment, which I somehow always found a way to do.

Another silence washes over the jet, but slightly less uncomfortable than last time. Bucky leans his head back and rests it on the wall of the jet, letting him slowly drift off into sleep. Maybe I should try to get some sleep. I glance over at Clint and Wanda, who are locked in some quiet conversation on the other side of the jet. I lean backwards and begin to relax, letting my stress and anxiety pull me into a nice, dark, sleep.
------------------------------------------------------
Normal POV:

As your fear began to ebb, it was quickly replaced by hot anger. "Do you have any idea what I just went through? That is one of the men who literally ruined my life! They made me into ..." You looked down, then gestured to your body. "this!" Natasha looked at you with a sad, pained look in her eyes. She did feel bad, but you could tell that she didn't regret it.

"Look, (Y/N), the only reason we did this is because we wanted you to see that he's just a human, not a monster. The only reason that he did that to you is because he was being controlled."

"I guess, but you could have at least told me." You sigh, running a hand through your hair stressfully.

She looked at you sadly, letting you know that she really felt bad. "I'm sorry. But hey, maybe you won't get any more flashbacks."

"Like that's going to happen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TIME SKIPPPPOOO
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The helicopter slowly set down on the top of the tower, landing with a jarring thud. Tony stood up immediately, while you and Natasha took your time standing.

"Look, You dont need to talk to him, just realize that he's not a monster." She grabbed your shoulder and turned you so you were looking her dead in the eyes. "Just acknowledge he's there from time to time." She pulled you even closer and enveloped you in a hug, letting you bury your face in her shoulder.

"Hmhm." You respond, words muffled by her shoulder. You pull away and begin walking in towards the tower. The quinjet with the others had already been unloaded and the occupants already inside. Natasha padded up quietly behind you, patting your shoulder as she passed.

-------------------------------------------------------
Bucky's POV:

"Steve. The girl. (Y/N). Are you sure you want me around her? She probably hates me." I sigh as I run my hand through my ever growing hair. I should really have it cut. I'll deal with that later.

"Come on Buck. She's a but scared, but she's tough. She'll be fine." Steve responds, exasperation showing through his voice.

"The thing is, I know that she's tough probably better than anyone in this tower." Steve sighs at my comment and tries to lead me away from the door to the helipad, where the helicopter just landed.

"Come on, I'll show you to your room." He pulls me along the hallway, passing room after room, stopping at a closed door with a nameplate that reads "Barnes".

"Um you're at the end of the hall, so you only have one neighbor. I'm two doors down if you need me." Steve turns, leaving me at the door to my new room.

"Steve." I call, hoping he will turn around. He swivels on his heel and looks at me expectantly. "Who's my other neighbor?"  He opens his mouth to respond, but Stark calls him from further down the hallway.

"Rogers. Get over here for a second, will you?" Steve gives me an apologetic look and rushes off, leaving me to my own devices. I push the button that supposedly opens the door to my room. The door slides open to reveal a nicely furnished room, complete with a couch and TV.

"Mister Barnes, can I be of any assistance?" A voice surrounds me, making me jump three feet in the air.

"Who is this?" I say frantically, searching for the source of the voice. 

"I am FRIDAY, Mister Stark's personal assistant. Are you in need of any assistance?" The sweet voice says.

"No thank you." My skepticism creeping into my voice. "I think I'm going to try to go to sleep."

"Goodnight Mister Barnes."

--------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry, school has been really stressful in the past few weeks, not leaving me any time to write. Sorry to anyone who wants to kill me for not updating The Other Winchester in like two months. The song stuck in my head is "Enter Sandman" by Metallica (IT SOOTHES ME. DONT JUDGE) Have a great day everyone!

FANGIRL OUT