Nine

Regular POV:

You were running down a long hallway, one you recognized from your time in captivity, but you had never been in it without guards holding your arms and escorting you to the torture room. You sprinted down the hallway, skidding around a corner. Heavy footsteps sounded behind you, obviously a guard. You turned another corner and ran smack into a wall. Except it wasn't a wall. It was a mans chest. Your eyes slowly traced up to his face. There was a black mask covering his mouth and his eyes had thick black smudges around them.

Suddenly, he was choking you. His fingers tightened around your throat and you felt yourself fading as he threw you onto the ground and walked off. Your vision faded to black as you passed out.

You sat up in bed with a slight gasp for air, even though you weren't actually choking. Looking around the room, you remembered that you were not, in fact, in your apartment. You were in Avengers tower.
-------------------------------------------------------
Steve's POV:
At least Tony wasn't being absolutely horrible to (Y/N) quite yet. He must be saving that for when she's actually part of the Avengers. I wasn't too sure about his plan to have her meet Bucky, but he was right. That probably would help her PTSD. And maybe I would get to say hi to him too if he came out of cryo.

We have had some ideas to get The Winter Soldier out of Bucky's head, but I think the one we're going with is Wanda tries. If she can manipulate his mind enough, maybe she could get The Winter Soldier out. I just hope it works. I'm not going to let (Y/N) meet him until then. As much as I hate to admit it, she could get hurt. And I can't have that.

As I walked by (y/n)'s room the door slid open and she stepped out groggily. "Morning Steve." She mumbled.

I smiled and responded "Morning. You want some coffee?" She nodded vigorously. "Here, lets go to the kitchen and meet up with the others if their up yet." I didn't mention that everyone would be asleep. It might be nice to have someone who gets up as early as I do. I looked over at (Y/N). She looked a bit shaken. "You okay?" I asked. 

"Yeah. Just adjusting." I might not be able to lie very well, but I can tell when someone else is. (Y/N) was lying. Did she have another flashback? We walked into the kitchen, and to my surprise, we found just the person I wanted to talk to. Wanda. I want to ask her if she can remove The Winter Soldier from Bucky's brain. So, I showed (Y/N) to the coffee machine and the pantry, and walked over to Wanda.

"Hey Steve." Her thick accent coming through.

"Hey Wanda. You remember what we were talking about for Bucky?" I glanced over my shoulder to make sure (Y/N) couldn't hear us. She was busy trying to figure out Tony's high tech coffee machine. She poked it and immediately backed up when it started whirring. I'm good for now. I turned back to Wanda, who was about to laugh. "Hey, I was worse." I said, and she stifled her giggle. Then she got serious and nodded. "Good,  because we're doing it tomorrow. With that, I turned to help (Y/N) with the coffee machine.

______________________________________

Hey guys! So I'm sorry that I didn't get an update out yesterday, but I will try to get one out as much as possible during December, and that might even mean every day minus the days I'm traveling. I will also do a Christmas special if I'm far enough along in the story. I'm here in South Carolina, and my cousin just graduated!!!! Congrats to her! Also, my birthday is in 13 days, and ironically, I will be 13. 

FANGIRL OUT