Twelve

Barnes. Who was Barnes? You think back and try to remember all of the Avengers. No one with the last name Barnes. You'll have to ask Sam in the morning. Shuffling slowly into your own room, you look for a closet. Moving around the vast room, your eyes finally fall on two doors in the wall. "Right now I'm just hoping for some pajamas." You mutter to yourself as you pull open the doors. Inside, an arsenal of clothing.

Pushing dresses and shirts aside, you come to an area of the closet filled with dark clothing. You run your fingers along the fabric, felling the flexible and movable material. It resembles the stealth gear you used back in the military. Pushing those out of the way to avoid bad memories, you finally come across the pajamas. Pulling the most comfortable looking ones off of its hangar, you slip out of your old cloths and into the pajamas.

The thing is, undressing always scares you. The thought of seeing the horrible scars on your torso, arms, and legs threatens you with a flashback every time. While undressing, you let your eyes wander anywhere other than your body. You search the room as you pull up the soft sweat pants, scraping against the rough scar tissue. No matter how long you had to heal, none of these scars would ever fade.

Making your way over to the bed, you pull back the covers and slide into the soft sheets. The bed seems to accept you, making you realize just how tired you really are. You passed out almost immediately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sky was dark as you quickly crossed the deserted road, the cracked pavement crunching under your feet. You motioned for your team to follow you. You all carefully sprinted into the abandoned city, watching the ground carefully for land mines. You couldn't use your guns to sweep for them or else you might be heard, so you were left in the dark with possible explosives under your feet.

You peer around the corner of a crumbling building, stopping the rest of your team. You reached into your small black bag and pull out a silencer for your gun, fastening it on the end.

You peer around the corner again, this time with a pistol in your hand, eyes settling on what they had found before. A camera. Expertly aiming the pistol, you shot out the camera. Checking to make sure there were no more cameras, you moved forwards, stopping that the edge of the next building, checking once more to make sure the coast was clear. You raised your hand as to gesture for your team to come forward, but that's when everything went terribly wrong. 

Shots rang out from above you, ripping into some of your teammates. You looked up, but the assailants were hidden by the shadows, the only part of them showing was the tips of their rifles. You empty your clip at the unknown attackers, but to no avail. The rest of your team was already dead. 

You dove for cover, hiding behind a thick barrel. Surveying your surroundings, you realized there was no logical escape route. There were only two exits to the small ally you were trapped in. one of them was the one you had come from, and that one had the bulk of the attackers by it. The other exit had only a few gun barrels sticking out from it, but it lead out to the open road, and if you went out in the open, you would surely be shot. 

You considered your options, deciding to go back the way you came from, but not after staying in place and radioing in to base for help. They responded that they were sending a team in. clipping your walkie talkie to your belt, you mentally prepared yourself to run for your life. You stood up, crouching slightly, and made a mad dash to the edge of the building. You had almost made it when time began to slow down. A single shot stood out in your ears above all the others. It whistled through the air in your direction as you tried desperately to get out of the way, but no dice. The bulled tore through your upper leg, sending you to the ground with a slight yelp. 

You looked around, pressing the wound as to not lose that much blood. This wasn't the first time you had been shot, so you kind of knew how to deal with it. Except last time you had been shot, the rest of your team had been there to help you. Now you were alone in this. You looked up at the attackers, finding the one who shot you while reloading your gun.

The man who had shot you jumped off the roof onto the ground (A twenty foot drop) and immediately stood up and started walking toward you. Your vision started to blur as he grabbed your arm and started to drag you across the ground, rocks and sticks cutting holes in your black pants. You looked up at him, and noticed the moon glinting off his arm...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(Y/N)!" You felt a strong hand shaking your shoulder. "(Y/N) wake up!" You groaned and swatted the hand off your shoulder, noticing that the voice belonged to Natasha. What the hell had you just seen? Most of it had been the night you had been captured, but the last part was new. The Asset was the one who had brought you to that hell in the first place? Your thoughts were broken by Natasha placing her hand on your knee. "Are you okay? You were thrashing around and talking in your sleep."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a nightmare." Natasha looked concerned, but got up off the bed and stood up.

"Well okay then. Get dressed. We're going somewhere." She gestured to the closet.

"Where?" You questioned.

"I'll tell you once we get in the Quinjet." What's a Quinjet? Well, you were about to find out. As Natasha left the room, you moved over to the closet and pulled out some casual cloths and threw them on and brushed your hair and teeth. 

Stepping out of the room, you saw that Sam's door was open, so you peered in and saw Natasha standing over his bed. She noticed you and put a finger to her lips and picked up a glass of water. Tilting it forward, she dumped the clear liquid of his head. Sam sat up immediately, sputtering. "What the hell was that?!" He yelled while pushing Natasha off the foot of his bed.

"A wake up call!" She shouted from the floor, laughing her head off. Sam's face was dripping with water and he was panting.

"I'm going to kill you Romanoff." With that, she got up and left the room, grabbing your hand.

"Time to get on the plane." She cupped her hands and shouted back to Sam. "We will leave without you if you are late. Five minutes Sam!" She turned around and lead you to the large plane sitting on the porch.

You climbed on and took a seat, starting to think about the dream you had, but you pushed it out of mind. There was no point going into another flashback and freaking out Natasha and Sam. Sam rushed onto the plane just as Natasha started to lift the ramp.

"So (Y/N), you were asking where we are going?" You nodded your head. "Well," she paused, studying your face. "We are going to  Wakanda."

-------------------------------------------

Hey guys! So I think I'm going to start to make these chapters longer, and also, I'm going to add whatever song is stuck in my head at the end. HAPPY 2017!!!! Anyway, the song that is stuck in my head at the moment is "Miss Jackson" by Panic! At The Disco.

FANGIRL OUT