“Yeah right. Just forgot my foot.” With that, she grabbed the phone.

“Hello, you have reached doctor air head’s number.” At first, Maggie just sat there. Just then, she formed a surprised look on her face. Looking towards the kitchen door, her surprised look formed into a sneer.

“Oh, why hello Thomas. What a coincidence. Marisa and I were just talking about you.” Meanwhile in the kitchen, Marisa, who could hear everything, formed a petrified look on her face as her body just froze.

“Yes, yes, she misses you too. She was just telling me how she can’t wait to see you again.” On hearing that, Marisa dashed out of the kitchen leaving her mother behind laughing quietly to herself. Marisa stormed into the dinning room.

“What are you doing?! Are you out of your mind?!” She screamed as she desperately tried to grab the phone from Maggie’s hand. Maggie just laughed as she pushed Marisa back. Finally, Marisa was able to get the phone.

“Hello?! Thomas?!” She stated frantically.

“Yes, I’m here. It sounds like you’re having a party over there.” Marisa tried to straighten herself up.

“Right, sorry about that. May May’s having dinner with us tonight and I was just helping my mom in the kitchen when you called.”

“I see. Did I choose a bad time than?”

“No, it’s fine. I just didn’t have my phone with me and didn’t expect you to call.”

“So does that mean you really were talking about me?” Marisa’s face turned bright red.

“No! Not at all! We weren’t talking about anything! May May was doing some work at the table while I was helping my mom.”

“I see. So than does that mean you really aren’t anxious to see me again?” By now, Marisa’s face was as red as a tomato.

“No! It doesn’t mean that at all! I do want to see you again!” At that moment, Marisa’s whole body just froze as she realized what she had just said came out totally wrong. Thomas’s dead silence only made things worse. Maggie wrapped her hands over her mouth trying not to laugh.

“Ah! I meant that in a good way! I didn’t mean I’m desperate or anything like that! I just...well... you know what I mean right?” Finally, Thomas let out a chuckle.

“Yeah, I understand. I’m just giving you a hard time.” Marisa slowly settled down.

“No, it’s not you. If a certain someone hadn’t gotten all weird on me. None of this would have happened.” She stated while giving Maggie an evil glare. Maggie just hid her face in her folder and laughed. Just then, she heard Thomas take a deep breath and slowly let it out.

“The truth is, I’ve been really wanting to see you too.” Marisa gasped as she heard him say that.

“I was just thinking. Do you have any plans for Friday night?” Marisa thought for a minute.

“No, not that I know of.”

“In that case, would you like to go out to dinner with me or something?” On hearing that, Marisa’s whole body just froze. Her voice failed her as her eyes remained wide open.

“Of course, if you’ve got things you’d rather be doing than---”

“No!” Thomas paused as he was surprised by her sudden response. Marisa clenched her phone as she tried to pull herself together.

“I would love to go out with you. I was just...so happy I blanked out for a minute.” Thomas smiled.

“I’m glad to hear that. How about I pick you up around 6:30?” Marisa smiled.