“Dr. Marisa!” A voice called out from behind her. Marisa turned around.

“Dr. David?” He ran up to her.

“You forgot these.” He stated as he held up her charts for the patients she had scheduled for the day.

“Oh, thank you. I guess I wasn’t thinking.”

“Are you alright? You look a little pale.”

“Oh, it’s nothing. I just had a bit of a rough morning.”

“I see. Is there anything I can do to help?”

“No, I’ll be okay. That’s sweet of you to offer. More importantly, how are you liking your time here?”

“Oh, it’s going good. I’m getting piled up with more and more responsibilities everyday. I’m just hoping I can keep up with everyone.” Marisa chuckled.

“I know what you mean. I felt the exact same way when I first started working here 4 years ago. But after a while, you get used to it. If it happened that way with me, I’m sure it will be the same for you.”

“You really think so? I enjoy being able to do things to help people out and all. I just hope that I’ll be able to really help someone when things get desperate.”

“You shouldn’t think that way. If you allow your worries to get the best of you, than you’ll end up being overwhelmed. And as a doctor, that’s the last thing you want to have happen.” Dr. David scratched his head.

“I never thought of it that way. What would you do than?”

“Well, I always take things one step at a time. When the pressure starts to get to me, I just take a deep breath, close my eyes, and relax my mind for a few minutes. It may be simple and all, but sometimes it’s the simple things in life that really make a difference.”

“That makes sense.”

“Well, I’d better get going. I’ll see you later. Thanks again for bringing me my charts.”

“Sure thing.” With that, Marisa walked off. Dr. David watched her go.

“Man oh man, you’ve really got it bad.” A voice spoke up. Dr. David turned to see Dr. John come out of the room next to him.

“How long have you been there?!”

“Long enough to figure out that you’re not the biggest ladies man around.”

“Oh and like you are?” Dr. John chuckled as he swung his arm around his shoulders.

“What I mean to say is that you obviously like our little blue rose.” Dr. David blushed as he pushed him away.

“Of course I don’t! I never said anything like that!”

“You didn’t have to. It’s written all over your face.” Dr. David ran his hands over his face.

“Fortunately, Dr. Marisa’s unattached last I heard. You two would go well together.”

“You really think so?”

“Course I do. And I could teach you a few things about getting along with the ladies.” Dr. David gave him a funny look.

“Getting them mad you mean.”

    That night when Marisa got home, the first thing she did was try to figure out what it was she saw that morning and she could only think of one possible place where she could get some answers. She grabbed her phone and dialed the number.

“Hello?”

“Hello, Jarred?”

“Yeah?”