Chapter 4

You know what to do. Vote! :P

Picture of Kate to the right ---------->

Julianne Hough will be playing her.

-----------------------------------

(Cam's POV)

I knocked on Kate's door. Of course, it was just friends hanging out so I decided to wear simple jeans and a button down t-shirt. A woman that looked just like Kate but a little older opened the door.

"Hi," she said in a soft, sweet voice. "You must be Cameron. Kate hasn't stopped talking about you since she got home. I'm her mother Mrs. Collins. Please, come in."

She gestured for me to walk in and I entered. They had a lovely house. Kate's mom really had nice taste.

"Thank you Mrs. Collins." I said. "You have a beautiful home."

"Why thank you. Not many people notice."

"Well it's obvious you have good taste."

"And it's obvious my daughter picked the right boy to be friends with."

I blushed, but before I coudld say anything, she called for Kate.

"Kate Elizabeth Collins!" she screamed. "Get your butt down here this instant! This nice man has been waiting for you for over 20 minutes!"

"I'm coming!"

I smiled. And just when I thought this family was all proper and perfect. I guess everyone has their flaws. Just then, Kate came running down the stairs. She had on a baby blue shirt and ripped jeans. Her hair was tied back in a messy bun and she had a dark blue headband pulling back her bangs. Lime green flip flops complimented her feet. She looked absolutely stunning.

"Hey," she said, sounding a little breathlesss.

"Hey," I say. "Ready to go?"

She nods and waves to her mom as we walk to my car.

"So what movie are we going to see?" She asks once we're on our way.

"I don't know yet," I admit. "What do you want to see?"

"Well I've been wanting to watch The Vow," she says sheepishly. "My friends all say it's good. But it's more of a chick flick so we don't have to watch it if you don't want to."

"No no it's fine. We'll see it."

"Thanks." She shoots me a shy grin and I smile back. This girl was too cute.

We bought our tickets and went to take our seat. The movie started out okay, but it went really downhill after the car accident. I don't remember when exactly, but at some point my brain had decided that sleep was better than the movie.

"Cameron?" I heard a soft voice call. "Cam? Are you awake? Caaaammm!"

Ugh go away pretty voice! I'm trying to sleep..

My eyes flew open.

"Oh my God Kate I'm so so sorry I fell asleep! I didn't mean to I just haven't been getting enough sleep lately and the movie theater's so dark and OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY! I'll make it up to you I promise. I'm so so sorry Kate. Please forgive me!"

"Cam, CAM. Shhh. It's okay. I shouldn't have asked to see the movie in the first place. I knew you wouldn't like it."

"No no don't take the blame. Besides, I thought it was a great movie!" I try to be encouraging, I really do! Guess it's just not my thing...

"Cam, how would you know if you were asleep half the time?"

"Telepathic link to all movies ever made?"

She laughed. That was good. I was making up for it.

"Come on," she said. "Let's get out of here."

I drove us home and walked her up to her front door.

"I really am sorry." I say.

"Don't worry about it," she says. "Night Cam."

"Night Kate." I wink at her. This girl might just be my new best friend.

I open my door to a dark house. I sighed. My mom had promised to be home early but, yet again, she is working a late shift. I throw my jacket on the floor and head upstairs.

"Where have you been?" A voice says from the corner of the room.

I jump with a start. Jacob comes out from the shadows and I let out a breath.

"Jacob what the hell are you doing here?"

"Answer my question first," he says. "Where the hell have you been all night?"

I look at my watch.

"First of all it's only 7:30 and I went to the movies with a friend."

"What's his name?"

Was he seriously jealous?

I roll my eyes.

"Her name is Kate and why do you even care?"

"Because I'm your boyfriend."

"Yes. You are my boyfriend. Now will you go home and get some sleep?"

"Why can't I stay here?"

"You know what?" I say, starting to get annoyed. "I don't care. Stay here if you want. I'm tired so goodnight."

I got to the first stair step before I felt arms wrap around my waist.

"Jacob..." I whisper.

"I'm sorry," he says in a husky voice. "I just don't want to lose you."

I turn around to face him.

"It's only been what, a week? I'm not letting you go that quickly."

"Good."

"Good."

We stood there in silence for a while, just staring into each others eyes. Finally, though, I pulled away.

"Goodnight now, Jacob," I said, quickly kissing him on the cheek and heading to my room. I could here his footsteps following me. I climbed into bed and felt him get in beside me. His arms wrapped around my waist and we fell asleep like that.