Proposal.

The same night...
Dr. Carter(Siera's father)
The dinner was at the Taj with the Valeros. They were good but very ostentatious. 'Billionaires' as Seira would say. My daughter did her tenth operation today.

When we were in the elevator, Megan was fixing her dress looking in the mirrored sides.
"You look fine honey." She sighed and looked at me.
"You know i have to look great. I should look like the wife of a cardiologist and a mother of a neurosurgeon." She pecked my lips.
"Dont forget you're a psychologist." The doors slid open and we made our way to the terrace where dinner was served under the real stars.
"Can you believe that our family consists caretakers of the brain, heart and the mind." Philosophy.

"I love it when you speak like that. Our daughter has just done her tenth. Can you believe it?" I pulled out a chair for her and sat next to her.

I was about to say something when the voices became low and whispery.
"They're here." Megan announced.
Sighing i stood up when the characters walked in their velvets.
"Evening Derek. Evening Megan." They greeted and kissed our cheeks.

"Seira must be working pretty well huh?" Paula Valero said. She was in her late fifties but she looked glamorous at that age.
"Yes. She just finished her tenth operation." Megan said making shoulders square.
"Yep i heard about it. It was a pretty complicated case. Right Derek?" Gabriel asked sipping on Sancerre.
"Pretty much." I mumbled.

The waiter served us more wine while Gabriel and i stood talking man while the ladies were having a woman talk.

Megan pov (Seira's mother)
"I still remember her wiggle her bum in diapers." Paula said when she looked at the picture i showed her of Seira and me in her graduation.
"Now she's up on all feet." I sipped on the wine and my phone buzzed.
"Talk about the devil and the devil appears." I said.

Seira: hows dinner going? Dad behaving? Please say hi to them.

"She says hi." I said to Paula and she smiled huge.
"Umm...Megan?"
I looked to her.
"Can i have Seira's picture? I want to show it to Damon."

"Thats great. Lemme send you now." I sent her pictures and she seemed to be in awe.
"Can i ask why?"
"I want your Seira to be part of our family. If you dont mind."
"I...i...dont know...i mean, i have to talk to Derek and Seira first."
"Dont worry. You have time of the world. All i wish is for a yes." She said

The entire time going home, all i thought was about Seira all the time. This was a proposal.

The next day...
Damon Valero pov
My alarm woke me up. It was five thirty. The early morning here in Seattle brought in a dull white light through the translucent drapes. I felt fresh and energized. Waking up completely, i strolled to the bathroom for a shower.

Since i didnt have to shave, i walked out early and went into my huge closet. I wore a dark grey suit and a white button up with my grey tie.

Tying my shoelaces i walked out of the room and downstairs to the dining room where everyone sat chewing on their food quietly.
"Morning dad. Mum." She pecked my cheek and i caught her looking at my dad and he nodded at her.

"Anything wrong?" I asked sitting down next to dad.
"Have toast na?" Mum put a buttered toast on my plate.
"Where is Dayana?" I took a bite of the soft toast.
"Gone to class."
"Um...son?" She really had something to say.
"Yes mother." I interwined my fingers in front of my plate and leaned forward.

"You know the Carters?" Ah.
"The Doctors." I said and dad grinned at the nickname.
"Yes and their daughter Seira?"
Yes.
"I know that her name was mentioned on The Doctors last week for the quickest and successful operation. But i havent seen her." Incredible for a young person.
"Well...um...i think, no! We think...that..."
"That?" I raised my brow.
"You should get married." My dad went straight to the point.
"Hmm...and when did you realize that?" I went back into eating.
"Look just see her and i bet you will definately like her." Ma said.
"Of course." I stood up and took my phone ready to cut through this talk.
"Damon."
"Look mom, im very busy and really busy. We can talk later."
"But Damon..."
"Later. Mom." I raised my voice a bit and dad went back behind the newspaper and mom disappointedly went back to the table for breakfast.
Much better.

Seira pov
"What!" Perhaps i heard this incorrectly.
"Did you just say get married?" Dad looked worried too.
"Whats in your mind Megan?" He asked while i sipped on orange juice.
"Look, last night Paula asked me for you photos and when i asked her why, she said it was for her son Damon." She hastily finished the sentence.
"And?" Dad was into this.

"It was proposal."
"But i dont want to get married! Yet." I put my glass.
"Then when dear? Probably this is the best decision.
"But i have just started my career. I cant just end it."
"Who said you will be ending it?"
"Dad!"
"She is right Megan. Those people are billionaires. They wouldnt want their daughter in law work and earn for something thats usually in their credit card bills."
Atleast he understands.
"You can always say no dear."
This was going nowhere.
"So what do you want me to do?"
"Meet him."
"Thats it?"
"Then its a yes or no." Atleast i had some say in it. Im going to say no. This cant be happening. Not now atleast.

Damon pov
"Harley? Please come in." I called dad's assistant and within seconds the knock was heard.
"Come in."
"Yes sir?"
"I would like to go home tonight."
"Portland?"
"Yes. Tell Mr. Valero that and please postpone the least important meetings."
I need some space.
"Yes sir. Anything else?"
"And i would want a coffee."
"Milk?"
"No."

When she went, my phone rang.
"Yes Mom."
"Have you thought about it?"
"About what?"
"Seira! Who else Damon."
"So you were serious about it?"
"Very." Fuck.
"So..."
"So you have to just meet her, talk to her and then make your choice."
You have hope Damon. Say no to her.
"Okay. When?"

I could always say no. I will be the first one to say it as usual, dear Seira will find me irresistable enough to say yes.
Plus i can never get married. After all that, i dont have any courage to connect with anyone. Trust anyone. Getting married would be a no chance at all.