Chapter 4: Eren Jaeger

A loud rumbling came from above the groups heads. Mikasa and Armin sheathed their twin blades; Percy took out Riptide, Leo cupped a ball of fire in his hand, Hazel and Frank took out swords, Piper gripped her dagger, and Nico unleashed his black iron stygian sword. Bits of rock and dirt began to crumble to the ground. 

"We've got to get out of here!" yelled Armin, and they ran for the exit. A large rock had fallen and almost crushed Nico alive. Hazel grabbed her half-brother's hand and pulled him forward, and they were running fast, faster than they had ever ran before. They could see the light of day and that was one of the things that kept them going. Besides the will to not be crushed. 

They stumbled out just in time. The tunnel collapsed, and they lay panting on the cobblestone, their breaths short. Percy looked up briefly to see giant green eyes staring back at him. "Titan!" he yelled and grabbed Annabeth's hand on instinct. She tighened her grip on his hand as he held Riptide out in front of him. Armin growled and held out his swords. 

"No," Mikasa whispered, then screamed it out loud. "NO! Don't attack!" Armin looked at her ferociously. "Are you crazy? These are titans!"

The titan was huge. Bigger than all the rest. It was floppy black hair and green eyes a shade duller than Percy's. A male titan. "Guys, this is... this is Eren." Mikasa spoke, and it was hardly a whisper. "What?" Piper asked. "What are you talking about? A human can't be a Titan."

"Yes, humans can!" boomed a low voice. They looked up to see a tall man with glasses peeking around the Titan's neck. "This is Eren, my son. He is a Titan. Mikasa, you know what this is. It's time you tell them." Mikasa gasped. "So... that wasn't a dream."

"What? What are you talking about, Mikasa?" Armin looked irritated, and he sheathed his blades. "What dream? Who's that guy?"

"That's Eren's dad," she said quietly, and the Titan lowered it's hand onto the ground. The group of Demigods flinched as it hit the ground with a quiet thud they weren't expecting. Mikasa climbed up onto the hand and touched it's thumb. "Eren," she breathed, and stroked it with her hand. "You're alive."

The titan grunted and Mikasa looked at Armin and the half-bloods expectantly. "Well, what are you waiting for?" Armin looked suspicious of the hand, but nevertheless he climbed on. The demigods followed hesitantly. The Titan lifted his hand higher and higher until there were seeing eye to eye with the man. "Mikasa." he said and gave her a hug. Armin and the others stayed back. "Dr. Jaeger," she whispered. "You're okay." The man, Dr. Jaeger, nodded. "There is much to explain. But first, we must get the remaining gas from the castle and save the military police trapped there."

Mikasa and Armin nodded. They headed toward the castle, with some unknown help. 

They Survey Corps followed from close behind.