Chapter 2: A Pile Of Teens

A huge titan had appeared in front of Mikasa. She huddle in the dead end, her hand on her blade handles. This is it, she thought glumly. This is the end. At least I'll be with Eren.

She could hear the thudding of the titan footsteps as it walked toward her. Her death. She could feel it's merciless eyes watch her as the sat helplessly, waiting for a parcel of pain to arrive. She couldn't take it. She jumped up and sheathed her twin blades. Thoughts rushed through her; she couldn't just leave Armin. Her swords glinted in the sunlight and she jumped up with incredible speed. She slashed about the titan, it's thighs, it's face, it's arms, and finally, it's weak spot. With her last bit of energy left, she screamed and pierced her blades into the back of the titan's neck. It collapsed to the dirt with a loud thud, her standing on it's back. Loud enough for Levi and Armin to find her.

"Mikasa!" Armin gasped excitedly as he zoomed toward her, Levi following close behind. "You're alive."

Mikasa gave him a thin smile. "Of course. I wouldn't just die on you, would I?" Armin gave a sigh of relief. Suddenly, there was a burst of smoke, and Mikasa, Levi, and Armin sheathed their swords and looked around. They heard a bunch of screams, and suddenly the smoke gave way. Enough to see what had caused it: a group of beaten of teens lay on top of each other in a jumbled mess. 

"Ugh... Leo, what did you do this time?" said a male voice from the pile. The three survey corps' eyes widenend. They had no idea where these people had come from, so they kept their weapons out, just in case.

Levi stepped up to the foreigners just as they started to stand up and look around. He held his sword out. "Who are you? Civilians? You shouldn't be this far out. The wall's been breached. You should know, you are standing on a Titan after all..."

They just stared at Levi with confusion. The shortest one of the group, a boy wearing all black, stepped forward. "Excuse me, but what year is this?"

Levi scoffed. "845, of course." The teens jaws all dropped. "LEO!" They all screamed at once, and glared at a scrawny boy with curly brown hair. "Sorry...?" he winced, and held up both hands. Mikasa rolled her eyes. "We don't have time for this." Suddenly the group heard a loud thudding noise. "Titan," murmured Armin. "Too many people at one time. We gotta leave, quick."

"Armin, I don't have gas. And we can't leave this guys to die." Mikasa nodded her head at the terrified group of teens. Levi stepped up and look Mikasa in the eyes. He took off his 3DMG and handed it to Mikasa. "I'll hold them off. Take them to safety. Underground tunnel." His face looked solemn, and he turned to face the titan that was heading toward them. "Levi," said Armin as Mikasa stood there, holding Levi's 3D Gear. "I'll help you." they both said at the same time. 

"No," Levi looked at them one last time, and jumped off the dead titan,  then ran down the street. Mikasa was tempted to run after him, but stayed put. She turned to the group. "There's a tunnel that we'll be able to hide in for a while. We'd better get going." She used her gear to climb up the wall of the dead end and onto the roof. Armin followed, and the others looked up and gawked at them. "Oh, come on," muttered Mikasa, and she looked down. She was about to go down and get them when one of the guys suddenly flew up with nothing on him, no 3D gear, nothing, and landed on the roof next to Mikasa. She stared at him. "How...?"

"Guys." said the boy, looking down at them. "Get up here and listen to the girl." 

The group muttered and the small boy once again stepped forward, but this time into the shadows of the building. Mikasa heard him mutter something, "Shadow Travel."

He disappeared into the shadows, and the others followed him. Armin stood next to Mikasa, breathless. "Where did they-" suddenly they appeared out of the shadow of a nearby chimney. Mikasa jumped back as they appeared. "Oh my God."

She stared wide-eyed. "Who are you people?"

One of the girls stood foward and clasped her hands together. "I'm Piper. These are my friends, and we are Half-bloods. But we'll do more introductions later. We need to get to that tunnel."

Mikasa wanted to talk more, but she felt that she needed to go do what the girl had said immediatly, though she didn't know why. But she did guess that it was the right thing to do.