Chapter 3: Intos In A Tunnel

Chapter 3: Intros In A Tunnel

The gang had been sitting in the dark damp tunnel for a while now, not talking, just resting. "Oh God," murmured Mikasa quietly to Armin. "But seriously, who are these guys? They just appear out of nowhere and have some sort of weird superhuman powers."

Armin shrugged and look at the group. They talked quietly to themselves, not letting the two Survey Corps hear. Suddenly the whole group turned and looked at Mikasa and Armin. "We'd like to introduce ourselves." said Piper and she smiled at them. Mikasa and Armin couldn't help but smile back. "We are demigods, children of mortals and gods. These are my friends Percy, Annabeth, Leo, Hazel, Jason, Nico,  and Frank."

"Always gotta say my name last," muttered a built boy with black hair. Piper rolled her eyes. Leo stepped foward and explained their situation to the Survey Corps. "I built a time machine because... um... I...-"

"-he was being an idiot," interuppted a girl with long blond hair and stormy gray eyes.

"Oh shut up, Annabeth," growled Leo. "no. I wanted to uh... see my future."

"And oh, boo, hoo. He failed and brought us nearly two thousand years into the past." 

"And what a sad past it is." muttered Leo. "My time machine broke, and I need the right tools and materials to build it again. Assuming it works." He rubbed the back of his neck guiltily. "Anyway. I'm a son of Hephesteus. Nico here is son of Hades. So is Hazel. Er, Pluto's daughter. Piper's Aphrodite, or Venus, Percy's Poseidon, and Annabeth's Athena. Jason's Zeus, or Jupiter, I think. Oh yeah, and Frank. He's Ares. I mean Mars. Darn it, still get my Gods messed up."

The whole crew rolled their eyes, along with Frank muttering. "Me. Last. Again. Why?"

This time Mikasa stepped forward. "Well, my name is Mikasa Ackerman. And this is my friend, Armin. We are part of the Survey Corps. We had another friend, his name was Eren. But he... he..." Mikasa gulped and tears came to her eyes. Armin put a hand on her shoulder.

"What are Survey Corps?" asked Percy. 

"Well, when you turn of age, you can enlist in the military as soldiers. At the end of about a year or two in training, you can go on the guard in three places. We chose Survey Corps. We go beyond the wall, and we scavenge for things there. Survey Corps is the most dangerous job out of the three."

Annabeth nodded and spoke up. "So those things out there..."

Armin's face grew solemn. "Those were Titans."

"Different from the Titan's now." muttered Percy, and he sat down on the dirt. Annabeth joined him as Mikasa sobbed. "The... the only reason... we join... joined Survey... Corps.... was because... because I... I had to watch... Eren... and... I ... I failed."

Armin brushed the hair from Mikasa's eyes. "It's okay," he said in a hushed voice. "it wasn't your fault you were assigned on the other side. It was my fault. If I could've moved, he would still be with us." Mikasa shook her head as the demigods stared awkwardly.

"Leo," muttered Annabeth. "This isn't right. We don't belong in this world. For all we know, we could endanger their lives."

"Or we could save them." Jason piped up. "Remember the prophecy: 

One Fatal Mistake

Will Turn Back Time

With The Prophecy Of The Seven

Followed By Death

They Will Make Or Destroy

A World Swallowed By Theft."

"They will make or destroy," murmured Frank. 

"Wait a minute!" Percy said. "Annabeth, remember? This is similiar to one of our first prophecies; the Golden Fleece. They will make or destroy. One of the Big Three will destroy or save or destroy Olympus. Coincidence? I think not."

Annabeth gasped. "That's right... One fatal mistake can turn back time... Leo's invention... time... the time when we got back the Golden Fleece. I think I know what we have to do."

"What?" they all answered in unison.

"We have to fufill Rachel's prophecy. Here."