Deep Scars and Wounds

Disclaimer: I will never nor ever be JK Rowling, all the characters, settings, etc I used by name are her's. Some setting would be out of my own creation.

At most, I only own the way I interpret the characters or any original characters that may very well form which isn't likely.

A/N: Lots of feels ahead. Enjoy!

.ooOOOoo.

He felt like he had been hit by the Knight Bus–that also backed up then ran forward again–when he had rolled and finally crashed with a grunt. The trees then had decided to want to play spin the bottle. When the trees had finally stopped spinning, he cursed gravity, and heaved himself up and groaned. I'm going to feel this in the morning. He shook his head after he'd gotten back on all fours. Sirius looked the hill where he had fallen from offensively and huffed.

The dog Animagus then let his legs move away on their own accord. Sirius breathed in the crisp cold air of autumn. On the forest floor, it was covered by a blanket of fallen orange, gold, and scarlet leaves. Usually during this type of season, each step his large paws take he would listen to the leaves letting out a satisfying 'crunch'. At the moment, he'd deliberately caused the sound to distract his wondering mind. It surprisingly didn't work.

The current black coated dog growled furiously as his steely grey eyes turned into a storm cloud of emotions. Stupid. Idiot. Bloody twat. Of all the– Sirius had let out a string of other colorful curses under the sun. Why did you join him? How could you? What was the damn point? Sirius's hackle rose and fell as he began to pace. Power? Blood purity?! Proving yourself?! Having a grand old time on a murder spree with your bloody mates!!!

He snarled, grinding up his teeth. You're the stupid dult that called me reckless? Ha! Look at where you are now! An early grave 6 feet under. Jaws clenched as he remembered the words on a letter that's cemented itself to his brain. An early grave and you can't even get a proper burial to. You bloody git gone and died at 18. His foreleg froze midstep.

At 18. Far too young to know any better. Too naive to understand the dangers. Too ambitious to stand above on a pedestal that was too high to hear to the warnings below.

I should've forced you to come with me that day. Heck, I should've dragged you out no matter how much you'd hated me. He paused. I guess it's my fault too.

Sirius still stood frozen when he just stared out at a distant buried memory.

.ooOOOoo.

"What do you mean? Wait, you're leaving?" Regulus usually blank eyes widen with honest astonishment. "But–"

"It's exactly what I said, I'm not coming back." Sirius briskly threw whatever he could take a hold of from his room into his trunk; muggle shirts, jumpers, nicknacks–

"But why?"

Sirius barked a bitter laugh, "You know why." He tilted his head towards the transparent window across his room where he had watch the people throughout his childhood going through their daily lives. They didn't seem to notice back then, that a young boy was watching, longing to reach out for the freedom of restrictions like them. The sort of freedom was out of his reach until the day he'd stepped foot on a shining engine red train to a place where he had the chance to make his own choices.

The elder brother then noticed a little black bird flittered past towards the clouds of the open sky, unknowingly sending a significant message. "I'm done fighting."