The Unquiet Dead (Part 1)

A/N Sorry it keeps taking me so long to update, life is busy! Here's a long chapter for you all! :) Comment if you want me to do more original storylines or more copies of episodes with a twist! Please note: the timeline in my story is not the same as it is in the television show.

Please note: this is a 9th Doctor episode, but the Doctor in my story currently is the 10th Doctor. 

-Clara Pond

--1869 Cardiff--

Walking over to the open casket of the man's grandmother on a table inside Sneed and Company Funeral Parlor, he offered, "Sneed and Company offer their sincerest condolences, sir, in this most trying hour."

"Grandmama had a good innings, Mr. Sneed. She was so full of life. I can't believe she's gone."

"Not gone, Mr. Redpath, sir, merely sleeping."

Mr. Redpath gave him a grateful nod, before requesting, "May I have a moment?"

"Yes, of course. I shall be in the next room, should you require anything," and the white-haired man exited the room.

Looking down upon his dead grandmother's face, he took his eyes from her face as an aura of soft blue light surrounded it. "Rift," voices coming from the light whispered, but he did not hear.

The eyes of the "dead" elderly woman shot open, and she sat up from her casket, grabbing ahold of her grandson's exposed throat in the process. She did not let go, and as he began coughing, losing air, Mr. Sneed opened the door again.

"Oh, no," he groaned, before marching across the room to rip the hand from the man's throat. Mr. Redpath fell to the ground with a thump, the older man not noticing or caring. "No!" he reaffirmed angrily," Down!" Mr. Sneed pushed her back down, attempting to put the lid of the casket on, all the while calling to his assistant. "Gwyneth! Get down here now! We've got another one!"

Gwyneth did not come, and the old woman knocked the man trying to shut the coffin to the ground, knocking him out next to her also passed out grandson. She stepped out of the casket, treking outside into the snowy, deserted street. Beginning to moan painfully, she increased the volume until she was screaming for her life, a panicked expression on her blue-toned face.

--The TARDIS--

"Push that lever down!" the Doctor commanded me, pointing to a lever while pressing buttons on the other side of the console.

I ran over to where I thought he pointed and pushed the silver handle down. "No, not that one! The one next to it!" he yelled, still pressing buttons. I proceeded to pull the lever to the left, and the TARDIS began making a strange noise. "How does. . .hmm. . .1860 Germany sound?" He strolled away from the console calmly, looking over at me. "I hope that's okay, because we're already there." The Doctor gave me a smile and, trying to play it off coolly, nodded towards the door of the TARDIS.

--Sneed and Company Funeral Parlor--

"Mr. Sneed, for shame, how many more times? It's ungodly," Gwyneth criticised him. 

"Don't look at me like it's my fault!" he snapped. "Now go prepare the horses. She was 86, she can't have got far." Mr. Sneed began to walk out of the room, his back to Gwyneth.

"But. . .what about Mr. Redpath, sir?"

"His grandmother. . .er. . .took care of him."

She simply gazed at him for a moment, a mournful look on her face. "Excuse me for talking out of turn, but something terrible is going on in this place, and we've got to get help."