Chapter One

*14 years ago*

When she saw him time slowed to a stop.  He was so perfect and she knew her life would never be the same because she had finally found him.  The one.  The first boy she would ever kill.

Now, when she saw him, she was only eight. That didn't stop her from heading over to where he stood drinking from the water fountain at the town's small beach. It was a sunny day, and lots of people were taking advantage of the hot weather and clear blue water. Seagulls squawked overhead, waiting for someone to leave a picnic basket unattended.

"Hey, stupid, don't hog all the aqua," She said, marching up to him, her pigtails swinging wildly. Stopping by his side, she tugged her pink flowered bathing suit top down over her small pale stomach and waited, tapping her foot.

"Sorry. What's your name?" he asked, pushing his glasses up higher on his freckled face. He took a toy car and pushed it along the wall of the locker room while waiting for her to finish drinking.

"You can call me Princess. That's not my name, though. It's a nickname. My dad gave it to me. Let's go swim," She responded arubtly, as do eight-year-olds.

They dashed away and into the lake. "Let's go deeper. I dare you," She shouted over the splashing. The boy's mum was busy reading a book, and did not notice her son had a new friend.

Pretty soon they were out farther than anyone, so far they had to tread water. "What's your name?" The girl demanded.

"Andy." He told her. Andy was beginning to get tired, but he wanted to stay in the water with this new exciting girl.

"Perfect. I always like to know the names of the boys I'm going to kill." She grinned, showing the gap where her two front teeth would be, if she hadn't given them to the tooth fairy. Now, she was lying. She didn't always like to know their names, because technically this was her first kill, if you don't count Mr. Wiggles (and she didn't; how was she supposed to know it's a bad thing when fish tanks turn green?).

As for Andy, he was blinking nervously. He had left his glassess on and they were covered with water droplets. He wondered if his lack of vision had somehow affected his hearing abilities. He was so busy contemplating this, and trying to tread water fast enough, that he was caught completely off guard when the girl lunged for him and forced his head underwater.

Now, Andy wasn't a very strong child, so the girl was able to keep him underwater very easily. After a few minutes, he was dead. She tied some seaweed around his arms and ankles so he wouldn't float to the shore right away. Then she dove underwater, re-emerging in the shallow end and leaving the water. The girl nick-named Princess towelled herself off, put a sundress on over her bathing suit, and walked home.

As for the others at the beach, they were too distracted by the arrival of the ice cream truck to notice two children playing in the deep water. It wasn't unil Andy's mom finished the last chapter of her book that Andy's body broke free of the seaweed and floated up on the sand beside her chair.

*credits go to ptgreat on tumblr for the idea and opening paragraph. more coming soon*